PDA

View Full Version : Nice website, but I'm only here for the manuals

Parksy
19th June 2014, 06:51 AM
I'm sitting at work bored out of my brains, so scrolling through to the bottom of this page I saw that we have 17372 members who have made a total of 503497 posts.

If you work out the average amount of posts per member, it's almost 25 posts. (Actually it's 28.9 but 25 sounds better).

What a bunch of free loaders!!

MEGOMONSTER
19th June 2014, 07:19 AM
That's the attraction in the first place.

AB
19th June 2014, 07:20 AM
Looking at the statistics in the back end its not the case...

15,300 of the members have less then 25 posts and only 2000 of them are over 25 posts. Out of the 2000 members over half of them have more than 25 posts so although approximately 1000 people have just grabbed manuals over the last 4 years is not bad when you think about it and a lot of them come back and participate in the forum so not a bad outcome in 4 years really.

As with all forums the main registrations are people wanting to see pics on answers they are looking for whilst surfing the web, find our website, register, see the pics they want, sign out, gone.

Same as members having a problem with their Patrol, sign up, ask a question, get the answer and move on.

Nothing wrong with that at all of course...

Maxhead
19th June 2014, 07:26 AM
Then you have people like Growler....say no more;)

MEGOMONSTER
19th June 2014, 07:28 AM
Forum life takes dedication and stupidity. Lol

Winnie
19th June 2014, 07:31 AM
As with all forums the main registrations are people wanting to see pics on answers they are looking for whilst surfing the web, find our website, register, see the pics they want, sign out, gone.

That was the reason I signed up, then thought hey I will just rack up 25 posts and grab those manuals. Now you can't get rid of me! bwahaha

AB
19th June 2014, 07:33 AM
That was the reason I signed up, then thought hey I will just rack up 25 posts and grab those manuals. Now you can't get rid of me! bwahaha

We have to take the good with the bad mate...

BigRAWesty
19th June 2014, 07:38 AM
Also doest that number include blocked spammers or deleted users??

Bloodyaussie
19th June 2014, 08:00 AM
I joined for the love but all I found were you guys but stayed anyway!!

MEGOMONSTER
19th June 2014, 08:00 AM
We have to take the good with the bad mate...

No bad, just information gatherers.

MEGOMONSTER
19th June 2014, 08:04 AM

Most would find this site to find information not because they want to find a forum.

Family4x4
19th June 2014, 08:13 AM
Far too much maths in this thread before 7am.

AB
19th June 2014, 08:21 AM
Also doest that number include blocked spammers or deleted users??

We did a huge cull a while back so those numbers are closer to real human members then most forums statistics.

P4trol
19th June 2014, 11:55 AM
I did intend on downloading the manuals...

Must get around to it one day!

mudnut
19th June 2014, 12:38 PM
You can blame my abridged hard copy Patrol manual for me being here. It didn't have the info I needed so I found this place. There needs to be a warning on the sign in page. "This Forum is addictive. The administrator cannot be held accountable for the loss of your perspective on life outside this cyber space."

rusty_nail
19th June 2014, 12:52 PM
hahah too true mudnut.

to be honest guys, i came on here looking to be a good samaritan and i felt everyone on here could benefit from my company and well rounded, educated and thought out posts... NOT hahahaha.

seiously though, anyone who doesnt stick around is absolutely crazy. i have learned far more from everyone on here and the dribble that flows day to day over anything i could garner from the free manuals(which i had for the GQ in hard copy any way)

Avo
19th June 2014, 01:49 PM
It's biggqwesty's fault I'm here..kept at me till I joined..knew him on another forum,RC related.

the evil twin
19th June 2014, 02:50 PM
Shit, did I get sucked in or what... I already had the manuals but joined anyway.

Thats it for me, I'm outa here.

Think I'll head for the Simpson, no one will think of looking there.

Clunk
19th June 2014, 02:54 PM
It's biggqwesty's fault I'm here..kept at me till I joined..knew him on another forum,RC related.

And how we are all grateful for that..... Thanks Kallen!!!!!!! :eek:

lucus30
19th June 2014, 03:47 PM
You can get manuals on here??? I thought we just asked BA to install our aux tanks instead

clawrence
19th June 2014, 11:27 PM
Well as a newby around here (this will be my 7th post) at first I thought I would rack up 25 posts and read the manuals. But once I started reading all the old forum posts I sort of forgot about the manuals. After all you guys have posted such a wealth of information here, there is a good chance that if I need to know something I can find it by searching the forum. If that fails, well I know that if I just post a quick question I am sure you will steer me in the right direction.

So each night I read that days forum posts and figure I will be up to 25 posts by around 2017. But there is no way I am going to then download a manual and piss off. While this forum is a source of information on Patrols, I feel that is only one part of it. Look, I don't want to offend anyone, but I don't really know how to say this politely, but you lot crack me up !!! There are some real characters on here, a bunch of laughs and a lot of good old fashioned mateship (remember that when people just helped others out without expecting anything in return) - So to borrow PMC's favourite word "faaark" I want to stay around and see what happens next.

Stropp
20th June 2014, 12:48 AM
Clawrence you hit the nail on the head, maybe you should have hit some forum members on the head but aside from that yes it is a fantastic place for info, help and mate ship as well as those pesky manuals!

Clunk
20th June 2014, 12:58 AM
I just came here to dribble and annoy the crap out of everyone else

Stropp
20th June 2014, 01:40 AM
I just came here to dribble and annoy the crap out of everyone else

And you are fulfilling your desire :)

sil3nt_dr3ams
20th June 2014, 02:56 AM
Wow I've been here a year, free manual after 25 posts? What do we get after 500 posts haha.

I'm a firm believer of giving back knowledge, the more you put in the more you get out.

AB
20th June 2014, 05:22 AM
Wow I've been here a year, free manual after 25 posts? What do we get after 500 posts haha.

I'm a firm believer of giving back knowledge, the more you put in the more you get out.

You get a headache and an extra addiction in your life...