PDA

View Full Version : Andrew from UK

andrewk
14th February 2011, 02:09 AM
Hi All,

I live in sunny Oldham (honest!!), in NW England. I have a late 2005 Nissan Patrol 3.0Di SVE GR (a GU to you, I think).

The 'Troll is a great motor but I'm having a problem with it at the moment. It starts first time, runs great and uses about as much diesel as you'd expect. It's a brilliant motor, apart from the little (?) problem I'm having.

At about 60-65mph (100kph ish), 2600rpm in 5th up hills I sometimes get a sudden power loss. It generates a 0905 ECU error code - overboosting. I've changed the MAF and also the MAP (boost) sensor (twice) and still get the same problem. I'm planning on buying a boost gauge to help in seeing what's happening.

Any thoughts?

Andrew

my third 256
14th February 2011, 02:17 AM
hi happy to have you onboard some of the experts will be on later so they can help you
stephen

timbar
14th February 2011, 02:19 AM
Welcome to the forum Andrew , sorry mate im not real cluey on the diesels i cant help you but hang around im sure that one of the guys on here will have an idea on how to help u out they are a great bunch of blokes so hang in there

Timbar

starck
14th February 2011, 03:06 AM
Hey Andrew.
Welcome to forum. Always nice to hear from someone Old-Continental :shivering:

While You notice power loss - does it last long or just sudden down and comes back briefly?
Best regards from PL
Rafael

andrewk
14th February 2011, 06:10 AM
While You notice power loss - does it last long or just sudden down and comes back briefly?

The power loss occurs suddenly. If you slowly press your foot on the accelerator, nothing happens. If you lift your foot and re-apply, performance is restored.

Andrew

starck
14th February 2011, 07:10 AM
Electronic reason for that is most obvious...
Anyway - I would start from very beginning: all filters, air intake clearance etc.

Secondly - check if same problem occurs at the same RPM but different gear - You'll get some material to think over.
Anyway, what circumstances are about this what happened? have You installed something (like snorkel) or went to deep water lately?

Reg_RaV

Sir Roofy
14th February 2011, 07:25 AM
welcome aboard ANDREW there will be some one to help u out also plenty to read

Dhuck
14th February 2011, 07:56 AM
Welcome to the forum Andrew

patch697
14th February 2011, 08:05 AM
Welcome on boars & I hope you enjoy the from.

Bob
14th February 2011, 08:33 AM
Welcome Andrew With the expertise on this Forum someone should be able to help you. Join in and enjoy

nowoolies
14th February 2011, 09:24 AM
g`day andrewk welcome mate lots of laughs and heaps to learn here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul

Bigrig
14th February 2011, 09:27 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be had on here mate, so don't be shy and feel free to join in the conversations and make the most of it!!

One of the techo stars will be along to assist with your boost issue.

andrewk
14th February 2011, 09:37 AM
Secondly - check if same problem occurs at the same RPM but different gear

It does. It's generally uphill in 3rd, 4th or 5th at about 2500-2800rpm or a long overtake under power at same engine revs on motorway (highway) e.g. when towing a caravan.

You installed something (like snorkel) or went to deep water lately?

No snorkel. No engine mods at all. Haven't been in deep water. Have already changed the MAF sensor and boost sensor(twice).

'Troll has only done about 50,000 miles (80,000 Km) from new - but last 12 months, a lot of that have been in town & driven gently. FWIW, my guess is vanes in turbo sticking.

Andrew

Woof
14th February 2011, 01:29 PM
Welcome Andrew, enjoy the forum mate...............you should ask this question in the correct section and not everyone reads the intros.

big_fletch
14th February 2011, 07:06 PM
Welcome to the forum mate..
as for your boost problem, sounds like what you are experiencing is the safety feature built into the computer, if boost is to high for a certain time period (about 5-10 seconds) the computer cuts the power to the motor to prevent damage..

Fletcha

Finly Owner
14th February 2011, 09:41 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Andrew

Tim

Clunk
15th February 2011, 12:38 AM
G'day Andrew and welcome aboard mate

oglenelgo
15th February 2011, 03:36 PM
i had a same problem with overboosting. 1,,check all the vacuum air lines for leaks first as this will not cost anything also check the intercooler and all clamps are are firm. check the line that goes to the turbo i think it should be providing around 30hg of vacuum. i changed the turbo as the problem did my head in. i also got help with the guys off here and got an egt and dawes valve and my heads clear now. haha

wildgu6
15th February 2011, 07:30 PM
Hey Andrew, Welcome aboard mate,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Sorry cant help on that one, but the Guru Tony should be able to if he hasnt already,

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

Maxhead
19th February 2011, 11:24 AM
G'Day and Welcome to the forum Andrew

patch697
3rd May 2011, 07:57 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul

Dark 1
4th May 2011, 12:03 AM
Welcome mate have a poke around & join in when your ready.