PDA

View Full Version : Ay NZ Members with a TD 42/42T and or 5 Speed Box?

K1W1
18th June 2014, 08:34 PM
Hi,

I am looking at the feasibility of buying another engine and gearbox to rebuild as a ready to go spare and was wondering if any NZ members have one they want to get out of or are wrecking.

I see there are quite a few for sale in Aussie but am pit off by the freight costs. That said I have not looked at bringing a whole one in for wrecking as yet.

Any ideas, thoughts and or suggestions ( as long as they are not abusive) will be greatfully received.

Alitis007
18th June 2014, 10:35 PM
Your best bet is to search the car classifieds or auctions for a wreck to part out or call around some local wreckers. Most people that have that sort of gear here usually are holding on to them for spares or future projects. As i'm in Aus thats really any sort of advice i can offer you

K1W1
18th June 2014, 11:20 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have been looking on Trade Me etc but think there must have been a [production run of precious metal filled ones that went to NZ going by some of the numbers being asked.

I want the running gear for future proofing as mine is overall in great condition and uses no oil but it has done just over 300k km and I want to be fully prepared for the time it needs to be refreshed.