PDA

View Full Version : what am i looking at here

scubasteve
17th June 2014, 03:19 PM
gday guys
Was just wondering what im looking at here. its down in the engine bay towards where the carby is. its kinda hard to see as i couldnt get my phone down to get a good picture but its got some sort of screw in the end of a pipe and i wouldnt have a clue what it should be doing. in the picture it looks like it connects to the fuel pump but it actually runs to a pipe that does around the front of the engine and into somehwere else.

cheers
Steve

rusty_nail
17th June 2014, 05:21 PM
mate, its probably just blocking off that hose to prevent a vaccum leak from the carby. does the hose run into the carby?

scubasteve
17th June 2014, 10:00 PM
mate, its probably just blocking off that hose to prevent a vaccum leak from the carby. does the hose run into the carby?

It looks like it does but I dont know enough about it to be sure. Can you think of any reason why it would be like that? Instead of actually connecting to something?

menace 2
17th June 2014, 10:14 PM
Be better to know what it goes into mate....take a photo of that also

rusty_nail
17th June 2014, 10:15 PM
It looks like it does but I dont know enough about it to be sure. Can you think of any reason why it would be like that? Instead of actually connecting to something?

What motor? Petrol? On gas? I had dozens of not connected pipes on my carby on my old tb42 on gas. They were just blanked off. So where is it connected to?

scubasteve
18th June 2014, 06:59 AM
What motor? Petrol? On gas? I had dozens of not connected pipes on my carby on my old tb42 on gas. They were just blanked off. So where is it connected to?

Its a tb42s carby and the line looks like it goes into the carby. Ill get a photo today for you all

taslucas
18th June 2014, 08:04 AM
Hi mate, yeah I have a few blocked off like that. There's about 4 that go around the front of the engine and connect to steel pipes then back to rubber and into pollution control stuff. But one of those will go to the distributer for the vacuum advance. That one is obviously important lol.
There's also one that should run up to the fire wall right infront of the driver and connect to a small rectangular valve thing. This, I believe, is for the idle adjustment for when the aircon turns on.
But most likely yours is just to/from some pollution gear and not necessary at all.