PDA

View Full Version : standard or not?

scubasteve
17th June 2014, 03:09 PM
Gday guys
Ive got some random wiring in my engine bay that comes off the +ve terminal of the battery. As u can see from the pics it doesnt look standard at all yet it terminates into a moulded plastic housing and Im pretty sure that one of the wires is for the ignition coil. Im not sure why it would be like that but im trying to make the engine bay alot tidier as theres random wires everywhere. Im a sparky by trade so hate seeing untidy wiring haha. What do you guys think?
cheers
Steve

Clunk
17th June 2014, 04:47 PM
Any HID headlamps or driving lights fitted? What about extra accessories plugs in the boot?

megatexture
17th June 2014, 06:51 PM
That orange ones only 5 amp so it's probably for a uhf or reverse camera, definitely not standard wiring though.

crazyenough
17th June 2014, 09:40 PM
I'm with Clunk, driving lights maybe.

scubasteve
17th June 2014, 09:58 PM
Any HID headlamps or driving lights fitted? What about extra accessories plugs in the boot?

Its got hid spotties but nothing in the back. The wiring is all over the shop so its hard to tell whats what. Just thought ot was strange that it seemed to plug into a standard wiring harness but I might have to trace some stuff out and start removing the useless stuff