PDA

View Full Version : Looking at GU II with new motor and NADS - will it go boom again?

ozjeff
16th June 2014, 02:38 PM
Hi All

Looking at buying my 1st Patrol (stepping up in the world from a Pathy). Budget wise I keep missing out on GU6, however stumbled upon a GU II with a new (well reconditioned) motor installed 6,000KMs ago (originally went boom 148K KMs) and had all the full NADS treatment added at that time, even chipped, mandrel bent exhaust, torque lock etc (deceased estate is why it's for sale and not being played with). Replacement was done via Nissan and there's paperwork on everything the size of 2 phone books (receipts, manuals, the works - all history is there).

With NADS added the same week as the replacement motor, will that keep the grenade pin in forever, or can they still go bang?

Cheers.

threedogs
16th June 2014, 03:43 PM
Hi mate post up an intro then ask your question would be the correct way to go about it.
Its something the forum asks of us all,
NADS you would think would increase its life but poor service interval, bad driving techniques
will all lead to premature failure in any engine IMO

ozjeff
16th June 2014, 03:56 PM
Hi mate post up an intro then ask your question would be the correct way to go about it.
Its something the forum asks of us all,
NADS you would think would increase its life but poor service interval, bad driving techniques
will all lead to premature failure in any engine IMO

Was going to save the intro until I have a Patrol (wife is leaning towards Pajero - but she doesn't mind if I go Patrol. Her main wish is that it's not white - this one is, seems to be the only colour on the market at present that meets my worthy to go take a look requirements :P)

Hodge
16th June 2014, 04:01 PM
Nothing wrong with a white patrol mate... They go harder.

Col.T
16th June 2014, 07:19 PM
No question mate, the white ones are the go. How long they go has a bit, as said, to do with your treatment and servicing. Bit like the missus really.
Buy it and get on board starting with an intro,
luck,
Col

ozjeff
19th June 2014, 05:42 PM
My mechanic liked it, so went ahead and bought her :) - should get it for the weekend!!

rusty_nail
20th June 2014, 09:13 AM
My mechanic liked it, so went ahead and bought her :) - should get it for the weekend!!

good for you buddy! where abouts are you from?

Cuppa
20th June 2014, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the world of Patrols & our community here.

ozjeff
20th June 2014, 11:25 AM
good for you buddy! where abouts are you from?

Mid way between the Gold Coast and Brisbane (Ormeau). Updated the profile to show that now :)

rusty_nail
20th June 2014, 11:59 AM
ahh nice mate, was hoping for another member in the NSW team lol. QLD and VIC are already way too represented

ozjeff
20th June 2014, 12:19 PM
ahh nice mate, was hoping for another member in the NSW team lol. QLD and VIC are already way too represented

HaHa Well was born down there if that helps :P

Will get down to Northern NSW at times. Woody Head, Iluka etc.

rusty_nail
20th June 2014, 12:25 PM
HaHa Well was born down there if that helps :P

Will get down to Northern NSW at times. Woody Head, Iluka etc.

nice! my oldies live up @ lismore and im there as much as i can be. im hoping to eventually move further away(down to Vic, those guys have it wayy to good down there hey.

mudski
20th June 2014, 12:57 PM
New motor and nads straight up there is no reason the engine will go boom. Under boosting( thanks to the ecu's amazing job of controlling it) causing extreme cylinder temps mixed with hot and dirty egr gases it is the main cause of dropping the pin.
So if its all done I would say your right to go.

threedogs
20th June 2014, 01:48 PM
great to hear you brought it now for some pics.
Originally I wanted a white one easy to see all that

ozjeff
20th June 2014, 10:05 PM
New motor and nads straight up there is no reason the engine will go boom. Under boosting( thanks to the ecu's amazing job of controlling it) causing extreme cylinder temps mixed with hot and dirty egr gases it is the main cause of dropping the pin.
So if its all done I would say your right to go.

That's the confirmation I was looking for :) - naturally still got to care for it with some lovely fresh oil and maintenance.

Hope to pick her up tomorrow morning :Yahoo!:

ozjeff
23rd June 2014, 06:53 PM
Did get to pick her up on Saturday :Yahoo!:. Not the best photo in the world, but here she is.

Covo71
23rd June 2014, 07:05 PM
Looks tidy and new motor. Gotta love that. Wish we were back in qld, stuck in bathurst.

mudski
23rd June 2014, 08:07 PM
That's the confirmation I was looking for :) - naturally still got to care for it with some lovely fresh oil and maintenance.

Hope to pick her up tomorrow morning :Yahoo!:

Definitely mate. You still need to look after it. Even more so being a new motor.
Nice ride too mate. That looks identical to mine when I first bought it. Looks a tad different now.