PDA

View Full Version : G'day all

BadBoyBucky
15th June 2014, 09:56 PM
Hi everyone,

My name's Sean. We own a 2012 3lt GU Patrol. It's just epically shat itself, which is why I'm here :P
Great community, seen some really good helpful posts. I must have joined when we first got the Patrol, but I don't read forums much, so guess I forgot about this place lol.

Anyway, good to be here, I'm gonna try and read these more often, then I'd have a better idea of what's going on with the big beast.

Cheers!
Bucky

Stropp
15th June 2014, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the forum, not good about the patrol but it's a good place to get help or info.

MEGOMONSTER
16th June 2014, 06:32 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

AB
16th June 2014, 07:10 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Bloodyaussie
16th June 2014, 08:10 AM
Welcome aboard mate..................

threedogs
16th June 2014, 08:10 AM
welcome aboard, jump in anytime and enjoy

Sherro
16th June 2014, 01:56 PM
G'day Bucky welcome to the forum mate.

BadBoyBucky
16th June 2014, 04:36 PM
Well, she went in to the shop today, and the bloke reckons the clutch is stuffed. I know my missus has a heavy foot (it's her daily driver, I'm stuck with a crotch rocket to work and back), but at 32 thousand km's, even that seems bloody impossible to me. He said that unless they find a clear fault, we're gonna be stuck for 4 grand as they might not be able to agree it's a warranty issue. I didn't even think it was possible to blow a clutch after only 32 thousand k's, and it's not like I've ever smelt burning clutch when she's driving. Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

edit: after more research it does indeed seem possible. I asked a question about SMF / clutches here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?28441-New-Clutch-for-GU-3-0L&p=515676#post515676

tikashooter
16th June 2014, 06:20 PM
G'day Welcome to the forum mate. Bit of a bummer about the clutch. It's a bit rich at only 32,000 klms they
wont fix it under warranty. Sorry I cannot help as I drive an auto these days, I've never had a clutch go at that low
klms in any of my previous older 4x4s after changing thier clutches. I'm sure someone else may be able to give you an answer.
I hope it works out for you. Have you tried using the search function the forum has for finding threads like gearboxes - clutches
as that many speed up in getting an answer.
Cheers
Tikashooter

BadBoyBucky
16th June 2014, 06:26 PM
Thanks bud, and I should say thanks heaps to everyone for the warm welcome! :)

Yeah, I've done a bit of research, and I'm fairly sure of the way I'm going. Just waiting for the shop to confirm they won't cover it under warranty. If that's the case, we'll prolly go the xtreme SMF option.

Cheers all!

Dhuck
16th June 2014, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
16th June 2014, 06:33 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard
Nisshead here on the forum had his clutch go on a 2012 also

my third 256
22nd June 2014, 08:28 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Drewboyaus
22nd June 2014, 06:15 PM
Welcome to the forum Sean! Heaps of useful info here and many great people who are very generous with their time and knowledge. Enjoy your time here....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

myles.88@hotmail.com
22nd June 2014, 10:41 PM
gDAY sean welcome!