PDA

View Full Version : GU turbo onto GQ

dakka1
15th June 2014, 10:56 AM
hey guys

new here and have been searching for any info on putting a turbo on my silvertop td42

I will be running the factory gu turbo as I was given one and have a gu airbox which will be mounted in the front passanger side of the guard (behind the headlight)

now I know I have to and will be running a pyro and boost gauge but what I don't know is this.

what is a safe cruising temp for the egt
what boost is a safe number.................im not after a rocket ship here
and being that the turbo is a low mount can I run the oil return into the vac pump on the back of the altinator.

and do I have to use a t piece off the oil light sender or is there another place that I can get the oil pick up from

cheers guys

AB
15th June 2014, 11:06 AM
Hey mate, did you find my DIY thread about it here....http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?4973-Fitting-a-genuine-Nissan-turbo-to-a-N-A-TD42&highlight=td42t+turbo+td42

Have a read of the above which should help you out a bit.

I think factory is set to 11psi and I set mine at 10 which is quite low but does the job fine for me.

Some people do run the oil return to the alternator but personally I would not be doing it. You want that hot oil to be draining fast and tapping into the alternator would back up and not drain efficiently in my opinion.

Straight to the sump is the way to go.

Have a read of my DIY thread. Ideally there is a bung on your LHS engine mount for the oil feed but mine was seized and had to run around the other side to the sensor which works fine just annoying.

MudRunnerTD
15th June 2014, 01:19 PM
Hey Dakka,

As requested in another thread, please put up an Introduction thread mate. Happy for you to ask all the questions you like, just like folks to say gday before they start.

Please start an intro thread and tell us a little about you.

Cheers MR

dakka1
18th June 2014, 04:15 PM
hey guys thanks for the help. ill go have a read of the diy thread and also put up an intro cheers