PDA

View Full Version : TD42 turbo kits

Grizzly256
14th June 2014, 05:40 PM
hi guys

i am looking to get a turbo kit for a TD42 engine, can you recommend a good brand? i was looking safari brand turbo kit.

also, should i even turbo charge would super charging be better for peformance?

thanks

MudRunnerTD
14th June 2014, 07:15 PM
Turbo for sure. The TD42 loves a turbo.

For a full bolt on kit I think a kit from MTQ is great value and good performance . You can get bigger turbos and bigger performance but as an all rounder with good output and little stress on the motor the MTQ kit is a winner.

Grizzly256
14th June 2014, 07:51 PM
cool :)

just checked them out. Would the intercooler improve peformace if installed?

Sherro
14th June 2014, 09:47 PM
Most defiantly improves torque and helps keep egt's down win win.

MudRunnerTD
15th June 2014, 08:48 AM
Yes there are other options for an in get cooler though as the MTQ IC is pretty expensive I reckon. If you have the cash to do the turbo and IC at the same time then check out the across Country Top mount IC. It is bigger than the MTQ and I think better value.

dakka1
15th June 2014, 09:51 AM
hey guy new to here and was just looking for some turbo info myself.

ive just bought a silver top td42 GQ and I have a mate who is giving me his GU factory turbo. ive already got a GU airbox but was wondering in the way of intercooler if the GU factory top mount would work or even fit. Id like to stay away from front mount as even though I know they may perform better the thought of having it out front collecting mud and gunk doesn't appeal. also I don't want to have to worry about running pipes and hoses all around the joint which may hamper other things I would like to look at doing.

cheers guys

MudRunnerTD
15th June 2014, 10:49 AM
Hey Dakka. You could probably make the GUIC fit, I have not heard of anyone doing it though as they are notorious for leaking and under performance. But free is free.

If you search the forum you will find a comprehensive thread on fitting the GU turbo to a GQ. AB the admin here did a great thread and a few others have followed suit.

Good luck with your project.

MudRunnerTD
15th June 2014, 10:53 AM
hey guy new to here and was just looking for some turbo info myself.

ive just bought a silver top td42 GQ and I have a mate who is giving me his GU factory turbo. ive already got a GU airbox but was wondering in the way of intercooler if the GU factory top mount would work or even fit. Id like to stay away from front mount as even though I know they may perform better the thought of having it out front collecting mud and gunk doesn't appeal. also I don't want to have to worry about running pipes and hoses all around the joint which may hamper other things I would like to look at doing.

cheers guys

But hey Dakka,

Head over to the Introduction section mate and post an intro thread please. We like folks to say g'day when they first come here then ask any questions you like. Say g'day first though please.

Grizzly256
15th June 2014, 09:14 PM
Hey Dakka, fan of Orks are we?

I really like the look of the MTQ kit with the intercooler, pity the webiste doesnt give price. How much would the full kit cost and how difficult to fit to the engine.

hiranak
16th June 2014, 12:15 AM
Hi guys, Im from Sri Lanka, I was fortunate to buy a brand new 2014 Y61 TD42 non turbo model. the vehicle is fantastic, however it lacks power on highways and while overtaking, therefore would like to get a IC turbo kit for it. I am very new to these stuff so do you guys think it will be reliable with the engine, and will i need to change the engine compression ratio? Further are there any other things that will be required to be done, or is it a simple bolt, if I buy say a Safari Turbo and an IC kit.

MudRunnerTD
16th June 2014, 12:39 AM
Hi guys, Im from Sri Lanka, I was fortunate to buy a brand new 2014 Y61 TD42 non turbo model. the vehicle is fantastic, however it lacks power on highways and while overtaking, therefore would like to get a IC turbo kit for it. I am very new to these stuff so do you guys think it will be reliable with the engine, and will i need to change the engine compression ratio? Further are there any other things that will be required to be done, or is it a simple bolt, if I buy say a Safari Turbo and an IC kit.

Hi mate, please head over to the Introduction section and post a new Introduction thread please as we like people to say g'day first thanks mate.

Your very lucky to have a brand new TD42! We have not had them since 2006. Your new car will be good for more than 500,000kms with the turbo fitted. Bolt it straight up and drive away.