PDA

View Full Version : interference through stereo with phone.

krbrooking
12th June 2014, 11:38 AM
Ok I have done a search and was surprised to find nothing under this topic, only Andy's one for his sat phone. I am getting bad interference through the stereo when I am listening to the music on my phone through the aux jack while I have it charging:(, if i unplug the charger all good but as we all know I phones chew the batt life pretty quick while doing these sort of things so I would like to be able to charge it while listening to it if poss. otherwise I will have to listen to half a song then charge for ten min then listen to the rest of the song.

Is there anything I can do.:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks for any help in advance.
Kev

Hodge
12th June 2014, 12:26 PM
Hey mate is the ciggie socket piggybacked to stereo positive or vice versa by any chance ?? Had the same thing in wives magna. Just separated them and all was good after.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forum Runner

Winnie
12th June 2014, 12:28 PM
My radio reception dies when I am charging my phone...lol
It's not shared power.

krbrooking
12th June 2014, 12:46 PM
Hey mate is the ciggie socket piggybacked to stereo positive or vice versa by any chance ?? Had the same thing in wives magna. Just separated them and all was good after.

Not sure man its all factory fitted stuff in a 07 VE crummydore.

lucus30
12th June 2014, 01:56 PM
Try using this one mate. Should fix your issues also

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=AA3086

krbrooking
12th June 2014, 02:34 PM
Ok I have just been to jay car and picked up am isolator, if it does not work I will try that thanks Luke. Once I have fitted it will let you know how it goes.

Sent from me using Forum Runner

lucus30
12th June 2014, 02:38 PM
Ok I have just been to jay car and picked up am isolator, if it does not work I will try that thanks Luke. Once I have fitted it will let you know how it goes.

Thanks keep us updated. Will be interested to hear how you go

krbrooking
12th June 2014, 02:40 PM
Actually looking at that again it looks like it would be a lot easier to install, I might go and change it for that and see how that goes.

Hodge
12th June 2014, 02:45 PM
Ha! Well spotted lucus. I sould have remembered about the ground loop noise. Got a few ground loop mods on some of my guitar gear. I bet that's you're issue mate.

lucus30
12th June 2014, 02:47 PM
nothing really to install just plug it in. Beauty of it is that if it doesn't work you can just take it back

krbrooking
12th June 2014, 05:47 PM
Yeh that's what I thought as the one I got you have to wire to the alternator and that means I have get under the car!!!!

GQ TANK
12th June 2014, 06:51 PM
It might not be ground loop - could be RF interference. (could also be Winnie's issue)

Try a different brand USB adaptor.

We have had issues with sat phone kits at work causing interference as well

lucus30
12th June 2014, 07:45 PM
It might not be ground loop - could be RF interference. (could also be Winnie's issue)

Try a different brand USB adaptor.

We have had issues with sat phone kits at work causing interference as well

Could be but doubt it my money is on ground loop. If it was rf you would notice the power increase/decrease depending on what your phone is doing or where its located.

Ground loop is pretty constant might change with output from your alternator though

oncedisturbed
12th June 2014, 08:02 PM
Looks like a good fix for an easy in line filter.

Sounds like possibly a dodgy aux lead, try changing that an the USB and see how you go otherwise taken it back to the dealer and say fix, have you found any other topics via googley at all?

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

krbrooking
12th June 2014, 08:32 PM
I think it is the loop as I use the exact same aux cable, charger and phone in the troll and have no issues with interference. I think it s coming from the 12v plug in the car.

GQ TANK
13th June 2014, 10:04 PM
If it was rf you would notice the power increase/decrease depending on what your phone is doing or where its located = yes if its from the rf side of the phone.

I was thinking more of the dc -dc invertor in the USB adapter (usually a switch mode)/

krbrooking
16th June 2014, 05:39 PM
Well I picked up the ground loop isolator and it ha sorted the issue out completely.

Happy days!!!

Thanks again for the assistance.

lucus30
16th June 2014, 08:23 PM
Sweet as mate glad to hear it