PDA

View Full Version : Safari owner in Sydney

doka404
12th June 2014, 08:37 AM
Been lurking around the forum for a bit and thought I would post up and say hello.

Had a few patrols in my time and over the last 6 months decided I needed another. Always wanted a shorty and found a 1989 SWB safari in QLD that I had to have.

Its got 197000km on the engine, with a service history and so far it is a good honest truck. Its a slow work in progress getting her sorted and with the NSW RMS putting their 2cents into the equation it has not exactly been an easy task to get the Rego transferred to NSW. Seems that they don't recognise the QLD Rego as its an import and does not have the little yellow 'personal import' sticker on it, so it has to be engineered etc etc

But not such a bad thing as that means it will be engineered with the lift, tyres etc.

Got plenty to do to get it to where I want it, but all worth it in the end..here are a few pics of it as I got it..will put up a build thread with the slow progress :)

MEGOMONSTER
12th June 2014, 05:40 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Dhuck
12th June 2014, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
12th June 2014, 07:05 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard.......that's a bloody old troll mate (1889) shows how good they really are ;)

doka404
12th June 2014, 07:07 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard.......that's a bloody old troll mate (1889) shows how good they really are ;)

DOH!! Fixed it ;) Goes to show how well they age ..

AB
12th June 2014, 07:08 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

doka404
12th June 2014, 07:08 PM
Thanks..I probably will have a few questions..as I sad I had a few GQ's in my time but this is the first diesel and auto I have had so bit of a learning curve.