PDA

View Full Version : pillar pod oh yeah

threedogs
11th June 2014, 01:14 PM
Spied this Patrol on my travels today, The whole Patrol looked over weight big time but
was set up for severe expedition work, with a few GPS,lap top and note books set up every where,
not my cup of tea, but each to there own. Even using the top of the doors for some gauges.
note the shifter,

Avo
11th June 2014, 04:18 PM
some one should tell him top watch where his going..

mudski
11th June 2014, 04:31 PM
What an absolute mess! Thats not something I would be proud of and driving in thats for sure.
Actually there is one thing that I see they have done is moved the mirror adjustment panel to the dash cowling and utilized the spot for more switches. I actually like that. As the mirror adjust panel is really wasting space where it is.

threedogs
11th June 2014, 04:51 PM
Mess pretty much sums it up, plus it looked like it was way over weight,
it also has some roof lights that with the bracket must weigh 50kg if its an once
I'll grab more pics tomorrow as I'll be over that way
Not sure what the guy actually uses it for so I'll ask some questions.
Hey it works for him

AB
11th June 2014, 04:52 PM
some one should tell him top watch where his going..

Ever since I put my pyro in its like I'm watching a game of tennis when I'm taking the camper up hills.

I would be a mess driving that...

threedogs
11th June 2014, 05:22 PM
I think its a well known Patrol judging by the paint work and graphics
but I wont show them

Irish
11th June 2014, 08:07 PM
Is that a B&M shifter? lol

mudski
11th June 2014, 09:17 PM
Dunno but what a way to ruin a car. But each to their own. The owner obviously likes it. I love the thought of gauges, reminds me of driving the old T600 around. Big dash and full of gauges. Felt like I 'm in a plane cockpit. But that is truely a mess. I'd love to see what the wiring is like under the dash. Auto elec's nightmare I bet.

MEGOMONSTER
11th June 2014, 10:14 PM
Utilising every nook and cranny.

Alitis007
12th June 2014, 02:37 PM
I seen that on the freeway this morning did it have ' Camper trailer hire' on the side John??? It looked pretty good driving past on the other side of the freeway lol

threedogs
12th June 2014, 02:45 PM
Picked it in one George, wouldn't be winning any show and shine events.
Never met the owner but I'm thinking he's old school,
running 35 muddies