PDA

View Full Version : Accelerator Govenor... Since when did a ZD30 need to have its speed limited?

Biscuits
8th June 2014, 06:49 PM
Was cleaning out a bit of mud and stuff from the last outing out, and noticed that underneath the accellerator pedal that there is a plastic block installed, limiting the amount of travel the accelerator pedal has!!! Now I understand that in certain vehiicles this would be a good thing, but in a vehicle with a ZD30... I mean CMON.... anyway, the question I have is, does yours have one?

Col.T
8th June 2014, 07:13 PM
G'day Biccie,
I'll be st***ed! I've got the same (08CRD).
Never noticed but I've only had the wagon about 5 years. Just had the accelerator recall done last week but it feels the same as before so don't think it's been put in then.
Car goes to my satisfaction so no worries. Interesting to see what would happen with it removed as I would hope the computer would prevent explosive revs being hit . Perhaps though not on mine.
Wait and see what the gurus have to say
Col.

threedogs
8th June 2014, 07:18 PM
They are Drive by wire aren't they?

Biscuits
8th June 2014, 07:28 PM
I will definitly wait for the boffins/people who know more than me to make comment before I remove it... but really... what is the worst that could happen?

Hodge
8th June 2014, 07:32 PM
When my recall was done I was explained that being a fly by wire car, even if the foot goes further than that stop point, it won't do anything, as the sensor is calibrated to cut off at that point. However, that pedal stop is way larger than mine. Mine is only a fraction of that pictured one. However mine is CRD.

04OFF
8th June 2014, 08:33 PM
Haha, think youl find its just a stopper, and has nothing to do with restricting full throttle, IMO just leave it alone.

mudski
9th June 2014, 09:28 PM
I took mine out last year to dry my carpet and never bothered to put it back in. Haven't noticed any difference in anything except for my time NOT putting it back in.