PDA

View Full Version : knocking noise

Ryan Smith
4th June 2014, 10:01 PM
hey guys. im having some dramas with my gq atm. i have this knocking noise coming from the front left of the car when taking off 1st through 3rd gears and on right hand turns. has started since i gave it everything it had to get up a sand june. i have replaced engine mounts(genuine), gearbox mounts, front left body mount. still there. even knocks when u turn the car off on a slope. any help would be greatly appreciated as i have no idea where to go from here. cheers in advance

RubberDuckieGQ
4th June 2014, 10:20 PM
weird! Does the knocking speed up/down depending how fast you go?

Bloodyaussie
4th June 2014, 10:40 PM
Radius arms???? Where they mount up near your feet

Ryan Smith
4th June 2014, 10:49 PM
nah one constant noise all the way through 1st to 3rd gears and radious arms are new. sounds like its under passanger floor but more forward. like lh engine mount area. i put the new mounts in then went 4wding and thats since the noise started.

Ryan Smith
4th June 2014, 10:49 PM
no noise when cruising at speed.

Parksy
5th June 2014, 09:04 AM
I'd replace the remaining body mounts.

Ryan Smith
5th June 2014, 11:34 PM
im thinking of that but having another look today look like the mount is hitting the mount bracket. new engine mounts sit higher than original ones by about 5mm. might put old mounts back in and see if it changes anything. cheers for the help. ill let u no the outcome when i do guys. cheers