PDA

View Full Version : Need motorbike transport from Ballarat to Canberra

Maxhead
3rd June 2014, 07:25 AM
Hey peoples,

I'm looking for a transport company or perhaps someone traveling to Canberra to deliver a motorbike. The bike I suppose is a small/medium size weighing just over 100kg.(Honda SL230)

So, if you know of any transport mobs doing Ballarat to Canberra runs then please let me know. I haven't done the ring around yet as I thought I would post here first.

If it ends up to expensive to courier it then I will probably drive and make a weekend out of it but time is a bit scarce ATM.

Anyway, hope to find someone soon.

Cheers

Bloodyaussie
3rd June 2014, 07:42 AM
I'll meet you half way !!!!!

growler2058
3rd June 2014, 07:44 AM
Ride it ya blouse :)

Maxhead
3rd June 2014, 07:48 AM
I'll meet you half way !!!!!

Didn't you want to come out to the property for a hunt? wink wink LOL

Bloodyaussie
3rd June 2014, 07:53 AM
Just cant afford the time and petrol at the moment mate.... it sucks I know !!!!

Maxhead
3rd June 2014, 07:56 AM
Just cant afford the time and petrol at the moment mate.... it sucks I know !!!!

Yep it sux! I think we need 30hrs in a day...24 is just not enough:(

Bloodyaussie
3rd June 2014, 07:59 AM
Yes... I have the problem that I am now home more on house and kid duties and Mags in back in the office fulltime so I cant sneak off....

If you need a hand with the bike just yell out... I can pick it up and bring it to the border or close to for a few dollars for petrol as I can do that in the day..

Maxhead
3rd June 2014, 08:02 AM
Yes... I have the problem that I am now home more on house and kid duties and Mags in back in the office fulltime so I cant sneak off....

If you need a hand with the bike just yell out... I can pick it up and bring it to the border or close to for a few dollars for petrol as I can do that in the day..

Cool, thanks mate. I'll suss out the transport companies, I'll see if it's much cheaper from a Melbourne depo and I might take you up on that offer:)

MudRunnerTD
3rd June 2014, 10:17 AM
Or keep looking for your bike in Vic and come down and grab the 2 of 3 with the kids bikes at the same time mate. Your chasing 4 bikes, cuppa ain't going anywhere, unless you need it right now have a bit of a look for the others and grab then all at once.

jack
3rd June 2014, 10:45 AM
Hi Kris,

Just checked with the brother in law as his business is always sending stuff interstate.
He recommended Quicks Freight Express http://www.quicksfreightexpress.com.au/ (03) 5334 5325 if they can't do it they may be able to recommend someone.

I think the best option is you drive down and pick it.

Bloodyaussie
3rd June 2014, 10:48 AM
I use to send bikes all over the country and mainly used freight companies as they were so much cheaper and never had a bike arrived damaged...

Maxhead
3rd June 2014, 11:19 AM
Hi Kris,

Just checked with the brother in law as his business is always sending stuff interstate.
He recommended Quicks Freight Express http://www.quicksfreightexpress.com.au/ (03) 5334 5325 if they can't do it they may be able to recommend someone.

I think the best option is you drive down and pick it.

Yeah thanks mate. This is the same mob Cuppa recommended.

Just rang and got a quote for $180. I thinks that's is very reasnable.

I worked out @ around 1500km there and back towing a trailer would cost me around $300-$350