PDA

View Full Version : New to the forums

DanMacX2
2nd June 2014, 01:24 PM
Hi All,

Newby introduction here.
We are brand new to the world of 4x4 but are keen as mustard to get the family into 4x4 and camping.
We have just purchased myself a 2007 Nissan Patrol GU Y61 3.0 crd and are pretty chuffed so far...
We are based in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

it was very nice to Discover after 3 days of owning the car that the previous owner decided to cut the grommet in the firewall and run the cables through without sealing the grommet in the firewall.
I have just spent the last day dismantling the car and drying out the carpets, I feel I have been more of a contortionist trying to fix the massive leak but I think it is fixed.... fingers crossed.

I hope i can contribute to this great forum in the near future.

Dmac

MEGOMONSTER
2nd June 2014, 01:43 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Dhuck
2nd June 2014, 01:44 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Dave

MudRunnerTD
2nd June 2014, 01:54 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, regardless of the grommet you will find that the Nissan Patrol is Not a Submarine and All 4wds will fill with water if parked in a puddle deep enough ;) even brand new ones straight out of the show room! Happens allot!

So the lesson here is......... Check the depth! Know your car will leak and it's a sh1t of a job to dry them out!! Most learn this the hard way, fortunately for you you learned early!

Lmfao!!

Welcome here mate, enjoy this great place.

AB
2nd June 2014, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

I still haven't learnt but learning slowly!!!

growler2058
2nd June 2014, 06:58 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard

Sherro
2nd June 2014, 08:03 PM
G'day Dmac welcome to the forum mate.

PMC
5th June 2014, 03:40 AM
Hi All,

Newby introduction here.
We are brand new to the world of 4x4 but are keen as mustard to get the family into 4x4 and camping.
We have just purchased myself a 2007 Nissan Patrol GU Y61 3.0 crd and are pretty chuffed so far...
We are based in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

it was very nice to Discover after 3 days of owning the car that the previous owner decided to cut the grommet in the firewall and run the cables through without sealing the grommet in the firewall.
I have just spent the last day dismantling the car and drying out the carpets, I feel I have been more of a contortionist trying to fix the massive leak but I think it is fixed.... fingers crossed.

I hope i can contribute to this great forum in the near future.

Dmac

G’day Dmac,

Welcome aboard mate! I hope you enjoy your stay with this great forum and its members!

PS, Shite-loads of info and good laughs to be had all-round!

Regards,

Paul

Stropp
5th June 2014, 09:58 PM
Welcome dmac the forum has lots to offer and plenty of Melbourne based members.

scubasteve
6th June 2014, 06:30 AM
Welcome mate this place has been great for info its helped me out so much already. Enjoy

threedogs
6th June 2014, 07:24 AM
Welcome aboard mate, it surprises me what previous owners lie about.
But that's a separate topic ,enjoy your stay

MrSka
6th June 2014, 10:03 AM
Welcome to the forums!