PDA

View Full Version : Common rail pumps, overhauled or new?

Jamiepatrol
2nd June 2014, 10:52 AM
Hi all. Just drove around western WA and SA, returned home and realized I have a pump leak. I visited a few shops locally and have some ridiculous quotes to get it fixed. Some overhauled and fitted for around $1500 pumps, and then the opposite extreme, $7900 for a new fitted from nissan, and then there is a nearly $10k quote from a place in thomastown, which i doubt ill ever visit again.
I didn't know this things cost so much? Its a lot of $ for a car that cost me just over $30k, and has done less than 80k.
I'm in 2 mindspaces at the moment on what to do, but need opinions before proceeding. I just got work contracts all over the state and further, so i need to sort this out as reliability is #1 priority.

The pump appparently is leaking from several places, and supposedly cannot be fixed except for a replacement unit fitted. The car generally runs fine, except i get very inconsistent power every now and then.

Thanks, Jamie.

Jamiepatrol
3rd June 2014, 08:05 PM
bumping this up fellas as im desperate for an opinion, need to get it sorted asap.
thanks jamie.