PDA

View Full Version : gq aircon

cutanything
1st June 2014, 12:06 AM
has anyone had problems with there aircon mine was working great then without any warning stoped tried connecting power feed straight to compressor it ingauged but no cool air button on dash does not light up or make any difference

Col.T
4th June 2014, 07:58 PM
G'day Cutyman,
don't think I can help but reckon I'd be looking at two things.
1) when turned on, can you hear the fan running? Run it on full speed.
2) when you play with the outlet settings, can you feel the vents blowing as per the indicators?

I don't understand your sentence from 'ingauged' on... .......I think there's a switch on the dash, a solenoid or something (sorry but I don't have the old GQ manual anymore) to engage the belt driven cooler compressor then a series of ducts. If all is dead I'd be looking at the dash switch then the compressor system then the ducting.

I'm only offering this because no gurus have appeared. I had a few vents which didn't work on the old GQ but that doesn't sound like your problem.
Good luck,
Col

MudRunnerTD
4th June 2014, 08:03 PM
Behind the right hand head light is the AC dryer Canister. It has a pressure switch and 2 wires coming out the top of it. With the engine running and the AC turned on you should hear the AC load up the engine, if it doesn't leave it turned on and the engine running and take those 2 wires off and connect them to each other. If the AC turns on and loads up then you have No Gas. Disconnect the bridged out wires and have your system checked for leaks and regas.

Dradyz
10th December 2014, 10:09 AM
Behind the right hand head light is the AC dryer Canister. It has a pressure switch and 2 wires coming out the top of it. With the engine running and the AC turned on you should hear the AC load up the engine, if it doesn't leave it turned on and the engine running and take those 2 wires off and connect them to each other. If the AC turns on and loads up then you have No Gas. Disconnect the bridged out wires and have your system checked for leaks and regas.

Thanks for the tips