PDA

View Full Version : Noobie

bomber
12th February 2011, 01:15 AM
gday guys, I am fairly new here and really new to diesal 4x4.
i have owned a baby 4x4(76 subaru brumby ute) but have driven early model land rovers in the past.
I am looking at learning as much as possible about my 99 GU as possible, as a lot of you know with a family things are tight, and am looking at making some 4x4 friends to learn from.
Hopefully my family and myself can enjoy some good 4x4 driving, with the help from you guys here

Clunk
12th February 2011, 01:27 AM
G'day Bomber, welcome to the forum mate. Unfortunately I'm no use to you what so ever... not very technically minded when it come to cars. I've seen your other post but yo umay not get an answer to your question until later on, most of the guys are probably well asleep by now lol. There's a quite few very knowlegdable blokes on here, that will no doubt have an answer for you as soon as they see your post. Once again, welcome aboard, enjoy the forum and your new purchase. Oh and if you have any photos, we'd love to see them.

bomber
12th February 2011, 01:46 AM
g'day and thank you clunk,
yes i realize most of the guys would be asleep, and considering i usually work from 1500hrs-0300hrs, i sometimes forget the time.
Mate not everybody is technically minded as such and i dont mind.... its good to chat with other fourbie owners.
i don't have any pics yet as i haven't found a "legal" place i can 4x4 yet.
I have driven our RFS firetruck(as i am an RFS volunteer) in 4x4 off-road but i am not allowed to take my fourbie in the trails.

Clunk
12th February 2011, 01:53 AM
hey mate, pics don't have to be action shots, we're quite happy to check out each others rides. It must suck a#!@ not being able to take your rig out on the trails???!!!!

timbar
12th February 2011, 02:14 AM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum
i cant help u with any 4x4 spots as i am on the other side of aussie but a good chat and a laugh is more than welcome

Dhuck
12th February 2011, 04:34 AM
welcome to the forum mate

AB
12th February 2011, 05:30 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, have a search around the forum. There's a lotof information under the GU section of the general discussions thread.

You can use the search function at the top right of screen for any specific things your looking for and if you can't find anything just ask the question under the right category and someonw should be able to you help you mate.

YNOT
12th February 2011, 06:30 AM
Welcome to the forum Bomber.

Tony

Bigrig
12th February 2011, 08:12 AM
G'day champion - I'll leave the blurb out that I normally type as you are already well and truly underway on the forum. Hope you enjoy it mate and feel free to get amongst the conversations and join in!!

big_fletch
12th February 2011, 09:55 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, great bunch of people on here..
Feel free to join in the convos

Fletcha

Bob
12th February 2011, 10:32 AM
Welcome to the Forum Bomber (Essendon Supporter ????) Join in and enjoy

DX grunt
12th February 2011, 10:40 AM
G'day Bomber. Welcome to the forum.

Let's start by seeing a couple of pics of your truck.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

patch697
12th February 2011, 11:55 AM
Welcome on board & I hope enjoy the forum.

Woof
12th February 2011, 08:26 PM
Welcome Bomber, enjoy the forum mate

Sir Roofy
12th February 2011, 08:55 PM
Welcome aboard bomber

Finly Owner
12th February 2011, 11:12 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Bomber

Tim

wildgu6
13th February 2011, 05:47 PM
Hey bomber, Welcome aboard mate,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

NissanGQ4.2
13th February 2011, 06:01 PM
Welcome to the forum bomber,

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 help out where they can.

Good luck finding a legal 4x4 play area in Sydney mate.

Hope u enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

P.S: A big thankyou for donating you time 2 the RFS :)

Maxhead
19th February 2011, 11:43 AM
G'Day and Welcome to the forum mate

1tuffgq
19th February 2011, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, great bunch of people