PDA

View Full Version : Just a heads up!

grimace
27th May 2014, 07:18 AM
G'day gents, just a heads up! For about six months i have had an annoying squeek from the belt tensioner on my 2008 patrol commonrail for which I have just been spraying with a bit of dry lubeand it goes away because as some of you would know is not a cheap part to replace. Now it is getting to the point where it is no longer an option to do this so i went on the hunt for the replacement and found it at PATROLAPART for the sum of $265 plus shipping so I rang my local NISSAN dealer and got a quote for $378. I then told the fella at nissan about the one I had found and he dropped the price to $258, how good is that! I had also gotten a few verbal quotes from local mechanics for around $120 to fit the part and I asked Nissan again and they will do it for $70! how good is that! Just sayin is all, cheers....G

BigRAWesty
27th May 2014, 08:00 AM
Good outcome mate. Gotta be happy with that..

MEGOMONSTER
27th May 2014, 08:31 AM
And you've been putting it off for how long!!!!!!!! Lol

mudski
27th May 2014, 08:08 PM
It's always good to shop around but you could have saved the 70 for fitment and done it yourself in ten minutes. Unless your not mechanically minded then you did good. :)

grimace
28th May 2014, 07:00 AM
I go alright on the tools, but for the sake of $70 there would be a lot less choice words and a lot more skin left on my knuckles lol but if you could walk me through the process i might just have a go....cheers G
It's always good to shop around but you could have saved the 70 for fitment and done it yourself in ten minutes. Unless your not mechanically minded then you did good. :)