PDA

View Full Version : 3" Lift

jasonm
26th May 2014, 06:12 PM
Hi guys

I am new to this forum so Hello!

I have a 4.2ltr GU Patrol and am currently setting it up for touring.
Im about to attempt for the first time a 3" lift and was wondering if you could tell me what parts are needed?
Obviously shocks and springs, but what else is needed? Do i have to extend brake lines, Casters? ect.
Im going to go with EFS XTR and Dobinson heavy duty springs. Is this a good combination?
Your input will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Jas.

mudski
26th May 2014, 06:24 PM
Hi guys

Im about to attempt for the first time a 3" lift and was wondering if you could tell me what parts are needed?
Obviously shocks and springs, but what else is needed? Do i have to extend brake lines, Casters? ect.
Im going to go with EFS XTR and Dobinson heavy duty springs. Is this a good combination?

Cheers

Jas.

Hi Jas, welcome to the forum...
I just installed a 3inch flexy kit which consists of drop boxes, front adjustable panhard rod, rear adjustable panhard rod, rear adjustable upper control arms, rear lower control arms + 10mm, extendable sway bar links and the springs and shocks of course. I think that was it...

Dhuck
26th May 2014, 06:38 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

jasonm
26th May 2014, 06:53 PM
Thanks Mudski, appreciate your help!

Thanks Dhuck, i heard that this is a great forum, look forward to learning off you guys!

MEGOMONSTER
26th May 2014, 07:19 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

jasonm
26th May 2014, 07:24 PM
Haha Awesome thanks Megomonster!!

Love you GU Mine will be looking like that soon!

Sherro
26th May 2014, 08:37 PM
G'day Jas welcome to the forum mate.

jasonm
26th May 2014, 09:20 PM
Cheers Sherro

DX grunt
26th May 2014, 09:28 PM
Hi guys

Cheers

Jas.

G'day Jas

Welcome to the forum and glad you could join us.

What ever you decide to do with your troll, make sure it's legal. It will probably save you grief and money in the long term.

Don't be in a hurry to get everything done straight away. I read heaps on this and other forums, learnt from other peoples' experiences - as well as mine - and took my time.

You will probably have wants and needs. lol.

My patrol was cheaper than all the accessories, toys and fruit. lol.

My truck's still a 'work in progress', but I'm happy with what I have - at the moment. lol.

Take care out there.

Rossco

PS: welcome to the 4.2 Club section of the forum. lol. (just kidding)