PDA

View Full Version : RWC denied due to missing rear window winder

AB
11th February 2011, 08:00 PM
My mechanic just took the beast to get the RWc but the guy rejected it due to the brakes (which is fine, they are low and more than happy to get new ones) and I am missing one of the rear manual window winders.

Just out of curiousity, why would he not pass the RWC by a missing "rear" window winder?

NissanGQ4.2
11th February 2011, 08:02 PM
because he is a knob!

big_fletch
11th February 2011, 08:04 PM
Not sure, I do know that the front Windows must work but didn't know the back had to??
I think the front have to work incase of a emergency exit or something, if the door won't open..
Maybe some1 with a little more knowledge in this department could shed some light?
Tony perhaps??

Fletcha

big_fletch
11th February 2011, 08:05 PM
because he is a knob!

Haha u are probs right todd

patch697
11th February 2011, 08:06 PM
My mechanic just took the beast to get the RWc but the guy rejected it due to the brakes (which is fine, they are low and more than happy to get new ones) and I am missing one of the rear manual window winders.

Just out of curiosity, why would he not pass the RWC by a missing "rear" window winder?

Maybe something to do with the fact you can't wind the window up or down..............ROFLMAO

AB
11th February 2011, 08:07 PM
Haha u are probs right todd

This guy has taken ages to get this RWC...It's a mate of a mate who is doing a "mates rate" deal.

The only problem with getting mates rates is you are put on the bottom of the priorities.

Promised it will be ready Tuesday!!!!

Should have just taken it to my own mechanic....Big mistake!!!

the evil twin
11th February 2011, 08:13 PM
Because the windows are an "exit" point and must be able to be opened. Same as how you have to carry those Window Breaking Tools if you have sealed windows or fit crash barriers etc.

Which doesn;t make a lot of sense with power windows I know...

Might be logical, might be stupid, might be nit picking but what is... is

NissanGQ4.2
11th February 2011, 08:22 PM
This guy has taken ages to get this RWC...It's a mate of a mate who is doing a "mates rate" deal.

The only problem with getting mates rates is you are put on the bottom of the priorities.

Promised it will be ready Tuesday!!!!

Should have just taken it to my own mechanic....Big mistake!!!

If u took it 2 a mates mate 2 get a "mates rate" how did it not pass???? whats a mates rate when he doesn't pass it???
I take mine 2 some guy i don't know, he passes it, I know he shouldn't, don't pay him extra....now that is what i call mate *L*

YNOT
11th February 2011, 08:27 PM
Because the windows are an "exit" point and must be able to be opened. Same as how you have to carry those Window Breaking Tools if you have sealed windows or fit crash barriers etc.

Which doesn;t make a lot of sense with power windows I know...

Might be logical, might be stupid, might be nit picking but what is... is

Correct.

I'm surprised your mechanic didn't pick it needed new brakes.

Tony

NissanGQ4.2
11th February 2011, 08:30 PM
yes it an exit point Andy, So when u have an accident instead of using the jaws of life to get you out they will just say could you kindly wind your window down sir and get yourself out. I'm sure the day will come where every window will have a sticker " in case of an emergency break here"

No logic, very stupid, nit picking yes but what is... is so stupid....what moron comes up with these rules!!!

P.S: don't have an acco AB!

Finly Owner
11th February 2011, 10:52 PM
Did he pass the front number plate light?

AB
12th February 2011, 05:42 AM

Cheers guys, had a feeling it was for exit points.

Nothing was mentioned about the light Timbo.

Tony, the mechanic did see the brakes were low but he was under the impression I could get another 5k out of them but the RWC guy did not think that.

YNOT
12th February 2011, 06:27 AM

Good one Tim!

Tony

Bigrig
12th February 2011, 08:13 AM
Cheers guys, had a feeling it was for exit points.

Nothing was mentioned about the light Timbo.

Tony, the mechanic did see the brakes were low but he was under the impression I could get another 5k out of them but the RWC guy did not think that.

Sell it!!! LOL!!!

MQ MAD
12th February 2011, 09:04 AM
AB sounds like ya got a big POS
Ya need to sell it to me (ill even have the winder,so i wont have a RWC prob) LOL
Wether the brakes MITE have 5K in them if they are under spec they are not RWC passable
Remember the dude giving the RWC has a licence for such to up hold
No old POS 4x4s will be passed LOL

A mate of a mate of a mate of a mate (nah just a bloke i know)does my RWC
Mobile bloke $100 for a RWC and make him a cuppa and yep all good
Maybe ya need better mates AB
Or still sell me the GQ,its good for what $500 and a few beers

edit:
I havent had my medication yet !!!
Its getting chilled gotta wait 1/2 hour
Then me be betta

AB
12th February 2011, 09:51 AM
No worries mate, put the money into my Paypal account and the car is yours...baw ha ha ha...lol

MQ MAD
12th February 2011, 10:02 AM
Nup !!!
Not till ya tell me your offshore on a ship
And i need fotos of a car first
Would ya like my agent to pick it up

Bob
12th February 2011, 11:23 AM
Do you have enough Rubber Bands to have it ready for 2 weeks time