PDA

View Full Version : Uhf interferance if connect another accessory?

AB
25th May 2014, 05:33 PM
I installed the drivedock today for the sat phone.

I haven't connected power yet but as usual I'm looking for a quick solution. Happy to run power direct to battery but just thought I would ask first.

The drivedock power has a red, black and yellow cords.

Direct power, earth and accessory power. The device will know when power is cut from yellow of course and run for 20 minutes then shut main power off.

Anyways, as per pic below...

Am I able to tap into the UHF power and earth and then tap into the stereo or ciggy plug for the yellow or will this cause interference on the UHF speaker?

Stop being lazy AB and do the job properly?

Clunk
25th May 2014, 06:12 PM
stop being lazy AB and do the job properly lol

Winnie
25th May 2014, 06:51 PM
stop being lazy AB and do the job properly lol

Its not that hard. In the time you spent posting this thread you could have done it haha. Just do it then you won't ever have to worry about it.

And use a fuse!!!!!

MudRunnerTD
25th May 2014, 07:00 PM
So after a couple of phone calls to me and then a thread here!!! All instead of just bloody do it mate!!!

AB
25th May 2014, 07:04 PM
So after a couple of phone calls to me and then a thread here!!! All instead of just bloody do it mate!!!

Leave me alone. Im sick and it was getting dark...lol

Ill do it next weekend then!!!!!

lucus30
25th May 2014, 08:17 PM
Leave me alone. Im sick and it was getting dark...lol

Ill do it next weekend then!!!!!

I'll give you a hand next weekend if you want

TPC
25th May 2014, 11:45 PM
I installed the drivedock today for the sat phone.

I haven't connected power yet but as usual I'm looking for a quick solution. Happy to run power direct to battery but just thought I would ask first.

The drivedock power has a red, black and yellow cords.

Direct power, earth and accessory power. The device will know when power is cut from yellow of course and run for 20 minutes then shut main power off.

Anyways, as per pic below...

Am I able to tap into the UHF power and earth and then tap into the stereo or ciggy plug for the yellow or will this cause interference on the UHF speaker?

Stop being lazy AB and do the job properly?

When I was a kid at school all the kids had to prove they were capable of using a pen before they got their pen licence.
As adults I think the same rules should exist with tools, we should have to earn our tool licences and clearly AB you are not ready for yours.

AB
26th May 2014, 06:50 AM
When I was a kid at school all the kids had to prove they were capable of using a pen before they got their pen licence.
As adults I think the same rules should exist with tools, we should have to earn our tool licences and clearly AB you are not ready for yours.

True story I never got my pen license!!!

Bloodyaussie
26th May 2014, 08:13 AM
Didn't have pen licences when I was a kid???

Not hard Andy what you want to do.. as I said just make sure you have relays and switches and it will be done.

threedogs
26th May 2014, 10:09 AM
I would be wiring it to the AUX battery via a suitable fuse as suggested , leave your start battery for that, just starting.

Don't need a flat battery out in the Simmo
Check condition of both batteries if any are older than 3years I'd be looking at swapping it for a new one.
You don't need any dramas out the middle of no where

lucus30
26th May 2014, 01:40 PM
I would be wiring it to the AUX battery via a suitable fuse as suggested , leave your start battery for that, just starting.

Don't need a flat battery out in the Simmo
Check condition of both batteries if any are older than 3years I'd be looking at swapping it for a new one.
You don't need any dramas out the middle of no where

Perhaps wire a relay in to accessory so you don't have to remember to turn it off.

AB
26th May 2014, 08:29 PM
I'll give you a hand next weekend if you want

Thank you mate, appreciate it...ill be under the pump getting everything ready for the arvo cook up and pizza base prep.

GQ TANK
27th May 2014, 09:49 PM
re your orginal question:-

We have had some issues with sat phone kits casing interferance at 150Mhz.

if you find that your cb rx souns noisy or you seem to have trouble receiving - try disconnecting the sat kit to see if thee is a differance. (uhf cb is at 476Mhz)