PDA

View Full Version : gq fuel pump fuse help

td42shayne
21st May 2014, 01:39 PM
I just bought another gq ti efi I gave the engine bay alittle hose out when I started it,it was running then I think something shorted out .it runs on gas but not on petrol I cant hear the fuel pump running when I turn the ignition on. is there a fuse for the pump somewhere .its 92 4.2 efi on gas underneath and after market safari fuel tank.thanks

Winnie
21st May 2014, 01:43 PM
Mine did the exact same thing after washing it one night, was a hole in the windscreen seal leaked water straight into the ECU. It's in the passenger footwell on the firewall, pull it out and open it up for a look.

td42shayne
21st May 2014, 01:47 PM
thanks I don't know much about engines especially efi ive had atd42 for years

td42shayne
21st May 2014, 02:14 PM
checked ecu seems dry but a lot of old broken rubber stuff under it ,is there a fuse for the fuel pump

Bloodyaussie
21st May 2014, 02:20 PM
Mate mine seemed fine until I took it out and tipped it upside down and water came out of it...

Winnie
21st May 2014, 02:46 PM
Yeah it's a common thing to happen to them. My aircon stopped working from it too.

mudnut
21st May 2014, 04:43 PM
According to the Haynes diagram the 10 amp fuse is under the bonnet.

td42shayne
21st May 2014, 06:55 PM
thanks but I still cant find.this model looks like its gonna be a nightmare.

Bloodyaussie
21st May 2014, 07:07 PM
Why is it going to be a nightmare? ??

td42shayne
21st May 2014, 07:10 PM
theres two computer looking things in my passenger side one says imco ecu and the other things bigger and feels like relays down the side.

Bloodyaussie
21st May 2014, 07:14 PM
You have gas fitted then... the big one is your ecu and has a 10mm bolt that holds the plug in. . Once undone you can disconnect the plug and tip upside down to see if water has got to it.

The other unit is for your gas system.

td42shayne
21st May 2014, 07:28 PM
I bought it for the body mainly but it has that much wiring shit under the bonnet it scares me ,im in the middle of fixing 3 electric doors 2 low beams 2 spot lights maybe fuelpump power mirrors .ive been on the computer for days.i didn't realise how different it is to my good old diesel model .I cant even find if a fuel pump runs a fuse . it couldn't even handle a little squirt under the bonnet .

td42shayne
21st May 2014, 07:38 PM
the big ones got 4 bolts thathold abig gold plate, the little ones just sitting there

Bloodyaussie
21st May 2014, 07:39 PM
I bought it for the body mainly but it has that much wiring shit under the bonnet it scares me ,im in the middle of fixing 3 electric doors 2 low beams 2 spot lights maybe fuelpump power mirrors .ive been on the computer for days.i didn't realise how different it is to my good old diesel model .I cant even find if a fuel pump runs a fuse . it couldn't even handle a little squirt under the bonnet .

Mate mine just got a wash today with no issues... water on the ecu is a real problem but cant say this is your problem.
All you can do is go through process of illumination. ..

td42shayne
21st May 2014, 07:55 PM
so should I undo the 4 bolt big one, it looks so dry under there.i thought I could see a bit of smoke and smell it under the bonnet be fore it stopped.

Bloodyaussie
21st May 2014, 08:01 PM
Takes 5min.... and that is one thing you can cross off your list.

td42shayne
21st May 2014, 08:21 PM
aussie I took it off undid the bolt unplugged turned upside and its not wet .where do you reckon next

Winnie
21st May 2014, 08:37 PM
There is only 4 or 6 screws holding the casing on the ECU, it's worth taking them off to have a look for any corrosion in the ECU. It will be very obvious and only another 5 mins.

td42shayne
21st May 2014, 08:51 PM
bugger I just put it back. the one I just done had a row of green plugs and one bolt that holds them all in,i got the right one I hope.thanks fellas

td42shayne
22nd May 2014, 09:20 AM
all fixed cant b elieve it.on the drivers side next to battery theres a plate with 2 screws bolt head,inside theres a little black box thing looks like relay sorta,took little cover off two fuses in there .changed fuse and wella shes going.theres a sticker that says something like ign ac ,im a happy chapy thanks fellas

Bloodyaussie
22nd May 2014, 01:31 PM
Funny I went outside this morning to have a look as it has been awhile and was going to post the location....

Glad you sorted that side of things... hope you are trouble free.... now I am going back to being a sicky!!!!!!!!