PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 won't fire

rod1169
20th May 2014, 11:22 AM
Hi ever one . hop all is going ok . has anyone got any info on why my Nissan Patrol 2001 zd30 has just stopped firing . it was good this morning and just when to hop in and shot down the shop and turned the key . it will turn over but not fire have look at fuses can not seem to find any blown one's . thought I would try you guys first before I send for the car doctors. any help will be greatly received thanks

Family4x4
20th May 2014, 12:09 PM
Wow sorry I thought it was petrol.

threedogs
20th May 2014, 12:27 PM
Have you checked for spark?
ZD 30.................... try swapping the air con relay with the ECM relay, and give your MAF sensor a good spray.
Have the battery disconnected when doing this

Yendor
20th May 2014, 07:45 PM
When you turn the ignition on does the glow plug and check engine warning lights come on in the dash?

When cranking does the red security light on top of the dash stop flashing or is it still flashing? Do you have a second key you can try?

Have you checked the diesel hand primer under the bonnet is it firm? have you tried pumping it a few times?

rod1169
21st May 2014, 11:10 AM
Yendor . yer thanks mate tried all that have now found out its the Injector pump something I was hopping it would not be. rang Nissan here $7.000 . so am looking for second hand injector pump. . I am cured on Nissan Patrols with the 3.0ltr engines already replaced a motor on this one also and turbo . there all nothing but buckets of shit lol. thanks for your help anyway mate take care

rod1169
21st May 2014, 11:16 AM
Dose anyone know anyone with a second hand injector pump for Nissan Patrol zd30 2001 wagon

threedogs
21st May 2014, 11:27 AM
remember someone selling a complete motor for less than $7000

SupRob
21st May 2014, 12:14 PM
PM Sent,

Highly recommended not to install a second hand pump, with all the labour it takes to put it in and set it up and put everything back together.

Regards,
Rob