PDA

View Full Version : installing a roo systems chip...help?

chrisandthebeast
19th May 2014, 04:39 PM
Hi

I have a roo systems chip to install in my di zd30. Im trying to connect the wiring to the back of the fuel pump and mine is different to the instructions. I'm wondering if any one else has done this themselves. Does any one know the colour of the wire that the chip connects to at the fuel pump?
There is 6 wires going in one positive, one earth and 4 inputs I believe it is either the Blue/Black or Blue/Red wire. Does anyone know which one?
BTW I called roo systems and they seemed to have no idea....
Has anyone installed this themselves?

threedogs
19th May 2014, 04:51 PM
I'm not surprised by their answer, that's the way they fly
Yendor or ET will sort you out

chrisandthebeast
19th May 2014, 05:00 PM
I'm not surprised by their answer, that's the way they fly

To be honest their service has been crap since day one. I hope the end product makes it worth it.

Rickie3
19th May 2014, 05:03 PM
BTW I called roo systems and they seemed to have no idea....
Wish I could help you out mate, but seriously if they have no idea then they shouldnt be selling them

threedogs
19th May 2014, 05:05 PM
Give Yendor a PM he's been laying low a
bit lately but I'm sure he'll be able to sort you out

megatexture
19th May 2014, 05:07 PM
They are pretending not to know because you are not paying them for the installation in the hopes you cant work it out and go back to them.
What do the instructions say to connect it to on the fuel pump?

threedogs
19th May 2014, 05:35 PM
I'm hoping you never paid big bucks for it,

chrisandthebeast
19th May 2014, 05:36 PM
They are pretending not to know because you are not paying them for the installation in the hopes you cant work it out and go back to them.
What do the instructions say to connect it to on the fuel pump?

The instructions are very simple and just show a picture of the pump with 4 wires and an arrow. My pump has a loom clipped into the back with 6 wires going to it. 1 being power, 1 being earth and then 4 being signal. Based on the manual 2 are signal for during warm up and 2 during normal running. So it must be one of the latter two. The only difference in the manual between them is colour and voltage. I am hoping someone has done this and will know what colour wire.

chrisandthebeast
19th May 2014, 05:38 PM
I'm hoping you never paid big bucks for it,

Funny you say that.. it was a surprise Christmas present from the wife. I doubt I would have paid the 3k she did for it

megatexture
19th May 2014, 05:43 PM
jesus for 3k you would think they would fit the damn thing for you!
that is for the exhaust also i hope??

chrisandthebeast
19th May 2014, 05:49 PM
jesus for 3k you would think they would fit the damn thing for you!
that is for the exhaust also i hope??

Yeh that includes a 3 inch stainless exhaust. I think the exhaust is made by genie

threedogs
19th May 2014, 05:53 PM
Gulp $3K has your wife any sisters.
You got a keeper eh lol lucky lucky Chris

the evil twin
19th May 2014, 06:16 PM
snip...

Strewth... I'd really like to help but Pump Chips are one of the things I've never had any experience with so I'd probably balls it up. :1087:

Hopefully some one else who has done one will answer or failing that Yendor will probably be able to rattle the wiring off for you like he usually does :p