PDA

View Full Version : ST gear into DX

OFFIGO
19th May 2014, 10:39 AM
Hi guys, Im looking at buying a GU Patrol, looking at a few DX models
Any one know if the DX has the wiring needed for power windows already in the looms just waiting for door wiring to be installed?
front and rear?

cheers

Shane

bindi
19th May 2014, 03:21 PM
Probably note mate, so if you're looking for a GU and want the creature comforts, i'd discount the DX and look for an ST. It could save you a heap down the track adding bits on that ST have as standard. I'm new to Patrols but its just my two penneth.

MudRunnerTD
19th May 2014, 03:34 PM
No Guarantee but you'd be surprised! if you can take a door car off you might find the loom is there ready to go. Nissan do funny things.

OFFIGO
19th May 2014, 06:37 PM
I know a lot of cars are made with the same main loom then extras just plugged into it. Really was just after if anyone knew for sure...

mudski
19th May 2014, 11:08 PM
Well my ST has extra plugs everywhere in the loom which I assume is for the ST Plus or the STI...

BigRAWesty
20th May 2014, 01:10 AM
My gq st is the same, plugs everywhere.

In all honesty if your looking second had your probably only talking $1000 extra for the goodies. I'd be buying the St straight up

OFFIGO
20th May 2014, 05:54 PM
Well my ST has extra plugs everywhere in the loom which I assume is for the ST Plus or the STI...

That's what I thought would be the case.

My gq st is the same, plugs everywhere.

In all honesty if your looking second had your probably only talking $1000 extra for the goodies. I'd be buying the St straight up

Might have found a bargain 04 dx. It's the only reason I'm asking. Otherwise I will be looking at st's. Cheers

BigRAWesty
20th May 2014, 07:14 PM
That's what I thought would be the case.

Might have found a bargain 04 dx. It's the only reason I'm asking. Otherwise I will be looking at st's. Cheers

Yea fair enough. Well do let us know how you go..

What sorta features were you looking at?
If it's things like keyless entry then that can be fitted aftermarket and stand alone, but power windows / mirrors will need loom..

OFFIGO
20th May 2014, 07:17 PM
Yea fair enough. Well do let us know how you go..

What sorta features were you looking at?
If it's things like keyless entry then that can be fitted aftermarket and stand alone, but power windows / mirrors will need loom..

Nailed it power windows. Mirrors not a big deal. Cruise control. Keyless entry will be something I want but like you said after market.