PDA

View Full Version : Gq tb42 issues. PLEASE HELP!!

zak308
19th May 2014, 09:15 AM
So this weekend I decided to do a decent service on my 89 gq tb42 carby dual fuel. I changed my alternator belts, plugs, leads, air filter, oil filter and engine mounts. Also did a coolant flush and change and I made sure I warmed up the oil before dropping it to make sure I got all the old stuff out.

Now the problem is that at first start up it seems to have a miss. It drives fine, but will idle at about 400 rpm and will do this until it starts to warm up. It will also do this when I first start it if I've left it for half an hour or more.

Overall, it seems to have a bit more power and really does seem to rev through the range smoother and nicer than before.

I've still got a couple of things left to change like the rotor button and dizzy cap as well as the leaky exhaust.

But I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? If so, what fixed it?

Thanks in advance,
Zak

Parksy
22nd May 2014, 10:21 PM
You might find that the rotor and dizzy cap might fix your issue. If it doesn't, the extended rotor button tends to fix those with missing issues.

bob petty
24th May 2014, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=Parksy;508833]You might find that the rotor and dizzy cap might fix your issue. If it doesn't, the extended rotor button tends to fix those with missing issues.[/QUOT
you might check the valve clearence
cheers Bob

Lightspeed
26th May 2014, 01:50 PM
Has it got the patronics fitted ? If not that makes heaps of difference. Also a bad Exhaurst leak doesn't help the idle.