PDA

View Full Version : cross country 4.2 intercooler?

MYR1G
18th May 2014, 09:58 PM
Hey,
Just after some feed back on the cross country ultimate intercooler kit for a 4.2ltd factory intercooled troll.
Is it going too be worth the $2000 it costs?noticable gain etc?
Iam looking at getting the diesel pump tuned and dyno and trying too work out wether i should upgrade the cooler first..
So i thought there must be someone on here who has got one and had experience if so would love too hear there feedback and see how it fits under the hood!
Many thanks,Jake.

MudRunnerTD
18th May 2014, 10:01 PM
Winnie has one fitted to his TD42 and I have never heard anything but "Top of the Range" when speaking about the CC stuff. Very high quality build.

MYR1G
18th May 2014, 10:05 PM
Hey mud runner,
Sounds good,hope too hear from him!Thanks for the reply too my front end pm too!

Antpenny
18th May 2014, 10:20 PM
Hi I had quote from cross country for a kit and ended up buying a PWR intercooler (300mm x 300mm) which is the same core they supply cross country and it's definitely worth it going with the intercooler. I sourced the same Spal fan they use also and fabricated and fitted it all myself it took a week of rooting around to fit it up and saved a thousand bucks but if you don't have the time I'd recommend getting the cross country kit!

Clunk
18th May 2014, 10:30 PM
Stropp also has one fitted to his GU, if he misses this thread and doesn't chime in, send him a pm mate

Winnie
19th May 2014, 07:41 AM
Hey mate, I've got one on my GQ and it is awesome. Although I went from no intercooler to this, the improvement was enormous, dropped 100 deg from my EGTs and the car was more responsive. Of course it allowed for more fuel to be dumped in which gave me a massive power increase.

Stropp
19th May 2014, 10:56 PM
Yep I'm with Winnie, well worth the money just in the egt temp drop!

Winnie
19th May 2014, 11:03 PM
They are easy enough for a spastic like me to install myself too, so that a big bonus and what you pay extra for getting a kit, you save in paying someone else to do it.

Lightspeed
10th June 2014, 07:20 PM
I have one on my GQ shorty, it does the job very well. You also get a good size scoop in the kit that actually collects the air not like a lot of the smaller cosmetic scoops that don't do much. Have a look at my build thread if you want to see pics.

philfree
10th June 2014, 08:22 PM
i've got one to and it works great some people say to take the fan off but i've left mine on purely so as to prevent heat soak at the lights and what not. only drama is your basically forced to stay low mount turbo setup build quality is top notch and the scoop came with a template id buy it again that's for sure

HuskyInAuz
10th June 2014, 11:18 PM
Hope this post is not to late, just back from 8 weeks overseas. My CC kit is very well built. Installation was easy but missing parts in the kit and having instructions that didn't really match the year of my 'trol slowed the process down. (EGR valve) I spoke with them several times and all was made good quickly along with help from forum members.
I posted the pic's of the installation earlier this year on forum with the large air scoop. EGT's definitely go down, there is more power I just can't quantify how much yet. I was going to get a dyno tune before I left but it didn't happen as I was going to upgrade the turbo with one from United but they have fallen off the face of the earth.. no replies.
I did the upgrades about as backwards as one could .. Exhaust first with dyno, then Berrima, then intercooler .. now I need to get another dyno tune.