PDA

View Full Version : Timbar

timbar
11th February 2011, 01:12 AM
i have a 1988 nissan patrol gq TB42 with the pertronix igniter conversion on duel fuel ive been having problems ive brought it down to the coil i need to know if i throw the ballast resistor in the bin and install a resisted coil will that do any damage to my module ??

please i need help ???

DX grunt
11th February 2011, 01:16 AM
G'day Timbar.

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure somebody on here will be able to help you shortly. Where abouts do you live?

Did you know after 25 posts you'll be able to access a manual to help you? All you need to do is to keep talking and the easy thing is that, it's not that hard.
Put up your intro thread with a few pics, reply back to the people who tell you your truck is fan-bloody-tastic, and have the odd chat. It's that easy.

Take care out there, bro.

Ross
DX grunt

timbar
11th February 2011, 01:59 AM
hey Ross

Thanx 4 the Welcome I

hope someone can help its not a hard question but i just cant seem to find an answer so im sure someone can help

TJ
Timbar

Clunk
11th February 2011, 02:07 AM
Hi Timbar, Unfortunately I'm no help what so ever but if you don't get an answer tonight, hold tight I'm sure one of the gurus will be able to help tomorrow. Oh and welcome to the forum by the way

DX grunt
11th February 2011, 02:27 AM
hey Ross

Thanx 4 the Welcome I

hope someone can help its not a hard question but i just cant seem to find an answer so im sure someone can help

TJ
Timbar

Welcome aboard TJ. Most members are from over east and Sydney and Melbourne are 3 hours ahead of us and Qld is 2.5hrs ahead, so when you wake up in the morning, the answer will probably be on your screen. If not then, I'd say by tomorrow night. There a mechanic or two on here, as well as lots of DIY'ers.

Take care out there.

Ross

timbar
11th February 2011, 04:30 AM
thanx clunk71

YNOT
11th February 2011, 06:44 AM
i have a 1988 nissan patrol gq TB42 with the pertronix igniter conversion on duel fuel ive been having problems ive brought it down to the coil i need to know if i throw the ballast resistor in the bin and install a resisted coil will that do any damage to my module ??

please i need help ???

If you plan to remove the ballast resistor you need to use the GT40 coil. GT40R must be used with a resistor or the coil will be damaged. I can't see any reason why it would damage the module but you might want to contact Petronix to confirm.

Tony

AB
11th February 2011, 08:38 AM
Welcome to the forum timbar!

Bob
11th February 2011, 08:41 AM
Welcome Timbar

Dhuck
11th February 2011, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the forum timbar

Albyschev
11th February 2011, 09:04 AM
are you using the original coil? if so change it out, it can sometimes cause overheating of the stock ignition coil, which was not designed to discharge so quickly

Read more: Pertronix Ignitor Problems | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5623168_pertronix-ignitor-problems.html#ixzz1Dau8qpvE

Bigrig
11th February 2011, 09:30 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be had on here mate, so don't be shy and feel free to join in on the chats and make the most of it!

Sir Roofy
11th February 2011, 10:12 AM
welcome aboard timbar

patch697
11th February 2011, 10:50 AM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.

timbar
11th February 2011, 03:14 PM
Would it be wise to install a relay to the ignition for the GT40 to ensure that it is getting a constant 12v charge or should that just be ok

timbar
11th February 2011, 03:19 PM
Thank you for the Welcome to this Forum i am sure i will enjoy interacting with other patrol owners and if i am of any help i will be glad to share any of my personal knowledge with any one that may need any advice or help again thanx

big_fletch
11th February 2011, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the forum timbar

Fletcha

Finly Owner
12th February 2011, 12:16 AM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Timbar
Tim

wildgu6
13th February 2011, 06:34 PM
Hey Timbar, Welcome aboard mate, Been offline for a few days, playing catch up.
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share,
You should have no trouble finding the answers your after.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

NissanGQ4.2
13th February 2011, 06:48 PM
Welcome 2 the forum TJ,

Great bunch of guys and girls on here, always willing to help out where they can.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

nassin
13th February 2011, 10:39 PM
welcome timbar good to see another gq driver

GU4u
14th February 2011, 10:29 PM
Welcome Timbar, not sure if i should say this or not but when i went to fit my Petronix to my old GQ I followed the instructions to the letter and when i went to connect the wires up to test it i let all the smoke out of it! I was not a happy camper!

Maxhead
19th February 2011, 12:23 PM
Welcome to the forum Timbar

patch697
3rd May 2011, 07:57 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul