PDA

View Full Version : On Shore Gas Exploration.

mudnut
14th May 2014, 10:33 PM
NO FRACKING WAY!! I know, I know, this isn't a political forum, but On Shore Gas exploration/ Coal Seam Gas/ Fracking, or whatever you may call it has been halted in Victoria until mid 2015. This could soon be the look of an area that you love. I have been told of the possibility that the government may allow Fracking to take place in state forests. I know that some of you need jobs, but we will need your help to stop the multi-nationals destroying our way of life. http://www.lockthegate.org.au/ Have a look and make up your own mind. The contamination of the Condamine River by the nearby CSG project is a wake up call to any one that loves OUR beautiful country.

mudnut
15th May 2014, 08:07 AM
Hey, Kallen. Did you know that they have already started drilling the first of hundreds of wells in Penola? With a five percent failure rate of the grout sealing of the fracking bore liners it is going to affect the aquifer. It is just a question of when.

Bloodyaussie
15th May 2014, 08:14 AM
This one really pisses me off...... the all mighty dollar over peoples health and the environment.

Oh its all safe but dont do it in my back yard........ http://rt.com/usa/exxon-ceo-fracking-lawsuit-180/

mudnut
15th May 2014, 08:22 AM
I am no greenie, by a long shot. I hunt. I fish. I own a Patrol which I use for its intended purpose. Mrs mudsane and I went to a local meeting last night, and we were shocked at what these people do. It is blatant environmental destruction. It is short term madness for eternal insanity. Once the damage is done, there is no way to fix it.

my third 256
15th May 2014, 08:27 AM
hasn't a group of people in the usa who won a lawsuit against a company that hads been doing
fracking in their area every one was getting very sick
saw it on tv the other night

BigRAWesty
15th May 2014, 09:31 AM
Hey, Kallen. Did you know that they have already started drilling the first of hundreds of wells in Penola? With a five percent failure rate of the grout sealing of the fracking bore liners it is going to affect the aquifer. It is just a question of when.

I do mate. But our government is farked and will take any dollar they can get..
So in short it's gunna happen.
Moomba has been fracking for years..

mudnut
15th May 2014, 09:59 AM
I have got to calm down a bit. I hardly slept last night, thinking about what they intend to do in my district. Some of the chemicals that these bastards pump by the thousands and thousands of litres into the ground are just poison. Some are proven carcinogenic and some cause biological mutation (so I was told). Then there is the Gigalitres of waste water, drilling chemicals and waste sludge, pipelines, drilling pads, flaring off the poison gas, gas pumping stations, High volume high pressure compressor stations. Mega saline water too, gas seepage for ever after, just multiply that by hundreds or even thousands of extraction sites and the list just goes on and on. The gas extracted goes overseas with 84% of the profits, and there is no guaranty that Australian labour will be used either.

mudnut
15th May 2014, 10:17 AM
hasn't a group of people in the usa who won a lawsuit against a company that hads been doing
fracking in their area every one was getting very sick
saw it on tv the other night

I haven't researched the U.S. experience, yet, but I have seen an Australian documentary about the effect on peoples health, mental health and way of life, here. I was shocked and sickened at the thought of this happening to people I know.

TPC
15th May 2014, 11:45 AM
60 Minutes did a story on the gas fields in QLD a few years ago and it is a real worry.
There was an environmental study conducted before the fracking was started but the government did not like the results so they ignored them.
The problem is they are making billions of dollars out of it so they ignore the consequences.
I did some work in the QLD gas fields on a radio communications system for a pipeline construction and in the induction we were warned not to talk to the locals and refer anybody to their media consultants.
I don't believe anybody is going to stop this happening else ware but everybody should try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PELxZ3K2o0c

mudnut
15th May 2014, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the video TPC. I will go to the library and watch it. We had to leave early from the meeting, because we had to pick up kids and stuff, but I did hear them say that one town has had to shut one of its water supply bores down due to methane contamination. They are doing isotopic tests to prove it is caused by the gas extraction. I am truly scared at what is going to happen with our water table and rivers. We use a shallow bore. Portland Town water supply is from bores. Imagine the value of all the properties if contamination happens or is imminent. A fully qualified engineer stood up and told us some figures. 5% grout seal failure from the word go. 30% grout failure after a number of years. I hate being on a soap box for any reason, but I am gunna have to try and help stop this industrial invasion of our best agricultural land. And 53% of Australia is up for grabs, so if you reckon this wont affect you, think again.

AB
15th May 2014, 07:18 PM
I know Its a good subject to discuss gents but please be careful of our no politics rule on the forum.

I pretty much agree personally on many posts here on these issues but it is a public forum with thousands of people with many different views, beliefs, etc so I don't mean to be the party pooper but please consider this...

TPC
15th May 2014, 08:07 PM
I know Its a good subject to discuss gents but please be careful of our no politics rule on the forum.

I pretty much agree personally on many posts here on these issues but it is a public forum with thousands of people with many different views, beliefs, etc so I don't mean to be the party pooper but please consider this...

Understand what you are saying Andy, I am definitely not a greenie but it is good for people to be aware of what is happening and make up their own minds on the subject.
Hopefully this will not cause arguments as we have had enough of those.

mudnut
15th May 2014, 08:59 PM
Nuff said, soapbox put away. If anyone wants a discussion on the matter, PM me.