PDA

View Full Version : GU Series 9

jm2004
10th May 2014, 09:36 PM
Hi All,

I may have missed it but after various searches (on this forum and in general) I still couldn't find any info on GU Series 9.

To my understanding, the big difference from Series 7 to 8 is that on GU 8, it includes traction and stability control (and rear diff lock across the range). What is different on Series 9 then? Any pointer to the right info would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance and regards,

MEGOMONSTER
10th May 2014, 11:58 PM
Hi All, I may have missed it but after various searches (on this forum and in general) I still couldn't find any info on GU Series 9. To my understanding, the big difference from Series 7 to 8 is that on GU 8, it includes traction and stability control (and rear diff lock across the range). What is different on Series 9 then? Any pointer to the right info would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance and regards, Wrong, only the Gu8 in 2012 included the extra goodies. I have a 2011 Gu8 with no traction or stability nor did I get a diff lock.
@Nisshead, has a Gu8 not sure what year

hempo
16th May 2014, 03:37 PM
Hi mate, I have a GU9, from memory the Aerial is integrated into the rear side windows and there are side airbags in the front seats. That was what the dealer told me.

If you have either of the above in your GU8 let us know.
Cheers

Maxhead
16th May 2014, 04:38 PM
My GU8 has the aerial on the rear window, its Dec 2011 make. All GU8 models should have the stability control and therefore the rear locker. updated instrument cluster and aerial in the rear window.
I don't think there was any major changes in GU9

Hey Mego, What month in 2011 was yours made. I believe mine was the first lot of GU8's. Is your antenna on the front left?? Yours could be a GU7 mate??

Oldmate1
16th May 2014, 06:11 PM
Hey mate I have the gu9 2013 build only difference is side
Air bags in the seats

jm2004
17th May 2014, 08:18 PM
Hi All, thanks for the comments. I tend to agree I think GU 9 is fairly similar. By the way, after joining this Forum early in 2012, finally my dream of owning a Patrol has become a reality just this afternoon :Yahoo!:

A GU 9 (of course, hence the question), bought brand new, got the factory bullbar, towbar, cargo barrier and snorkel included (window tint and factory mats as part of the deal as well). I've just driven it home earlier, still spotless ;-)

Looking forward to further build up and enjoyment in the years to come :driving2:

Interesting to see that the manual commented about 5-speed auto as well??? (I purchased the auto, with 4-speed as I'm sure you all know).

Still on GU 9, one thing not clear to me. Does this "tank" have a centre diff? I've read the manual but still unclear. Sorry for the "simpleton" questions, but I'd rather ask than regret.

bindi
17th May 2014, 08:26 PM
yes i think that they all have a centre diff, but on the Gu8/9 it might be 'open' to operate in conjunction with the LSD and traction control system, and think thats why these probably have a rear diff locker, which the earlier models don't have.

I am however, sure that one of the patrol experts on here will put us both right.............?????

Ronin
18th May 2014, 11:58 AM
Congrats on the new Patrol.

you will get quite a few posts saying let the mods begin etc. However even the stock patrol is very versatile and capable. I took my stock Patrol to Fraser, Moreton, Glasshouse etc and never had any issues.
Enjoy the beast.

BigRAWesty
18th May 2014, 12:10 PM
Welcome mate and congrats on the buy.
As with the center "diff", no.
Patrols run a transfer box which is a direct drive from gearbox to front and rear diffs. It's all chain and gears in there so very strong.
If you don't have a rear diff lock fitted factory the rear wil be LSD, but open front.
Pretty standard but your sporting the best lsd in the business..
So unless your doing hardcore just stick a lokka in the front and enjoy life.