PDA

View Full Version : New (but old in age) Member

clubbyr8
9th May 2014, 12:54 PM
Hi all,

Just wanted to say hello and I look forward to gaining lots of knowledge to help me with a purchase of a pre-loved Patrol. Passionate about photography and I have decided (in my old age) to get off road and pursue this art (landscapes, birds, animals etc).

I apologise up front if I ask dumb or stupid questions but I've never owned a 4wd or driven extensively offroad. Never too old to learn.... :smile:

threedogs
9th May 2014, 01:12 PM
Hi mate and welcome,, no Dumb/silly questions here.
Join in on Cuppas photo Comp, beaches this time around.
I'm sure all the info you seek is here for you to find or just ask and someone will point you in the right direction
So jump in anytime and enjoy

Cuppa
9th May 2014, 01:43 PM
G’day Clubby, welcome to the forum. I was in much the same position as you a couple of years back, wanting a pre loved Patrol for much the same reasons. A young physiotherapist recently asked me if I was was still working or retired! I resisted the urge to ask him if he had left school or was just on work experience! :) Guess that makes me an old fart too. The monthly photo comp is just a bit of fun for forum members & you would be very welcome to participate.

jack
9th May 2014, 02:32 PM
Welcome clubbyr8,

Good to have some more baby-boomers on here, you're not alone.
As mentioned earlier there is a wealth of Patrol info on here and a couple of photography dedicated threads,
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?27806-May-%9214-Photo-Competition-ON-THE-BEACH
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?16990-Some-stuff-that-I-take-pics-off&highlight=photography
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?27621-Getting-MORE-from-your-photos-!&highlight=photography

For any specific Patrol questions just use the search function.

Sir Roofy
9th May 2014, 02:55 PM
welcome aboard from another old fart

Avo
9th May 2014, 03:10 PM
welcome mate,glad you could join us.

TPC
9th May 2014, 04:24 PM
Welcome to the forum.
As you will notice there are a lot on here that love photography and a few that are very good at it so you should fit right in.

clubbyr8
9th May 2014, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, glad to be here. I've posted an image just to test the upload feature out. Hope it's within spec... :)

I also take pictures of flowers and rusty things and I happen to run three groups on Facebook associated with some of my photography interests, although FB is getting a bit wearisome lately.

My current ride is a 2004 VZ Commodore SS Ute, unfortunately it's too low to take off road, last time I did I broke the exhaust mounts in two places. Made the V8 sound pretty lumpy though..... :)

growler2058
9th May 2014, 04:41 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard

2TROLLFAM
9th May 2014, 07:36 PM
Welcome Aboard ... These guys are fantastic and tread lightly on us new to the pastime.

Trust me, you couldn't possibly ask them any questions dumber than the ones I ask!! Can't blame it on being female because this forum has other girls who really know their stuff - so I'm gonna go with the "I'm blonde" line LOL (not really)

We've got some very talented photographers here as well - I love trolling through their pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Dhuck
9th May 2014, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

my third 256
10th May 2014, 05:21 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

MEGOMONSTER
10th May 2014, 05:09 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth

Sherro
10th May 2014, 08:04 PM
G'day clubbyr8 welcome to the forum mate.

clubbyr8
11th May 2014, 02:03 PM
Well we've gone and done it. We now have a pre-loved 2010 3L TD. Seems like I'm sitting twice as high as what I'm used to in the VZ SS ute. First impressions? I love it and I'm gonna have fun... :) :)

2TROLLFAM
11th May 2014, 05:05 PM
Well we've gone and done it. We now have a pre-loved 2010 3L TD. Seems like I'm sitting twice as high as what I'm used to in the VZ SS ute. First impressions? I love it and I'm gonna have fun... :) :)

Ummm some vital information missing !! Need PICS hahahaha

Avo
11th May 2014, 05:28 PM

Yep x2...we just bought a 2010 gu,absolutely love it.go on get out there.

clubbyr8
12th May 2014, 08:08 AM

It's going in today to get detailed, then I'll do some pics which will guarantee it'll rain.... :)

Bo55gq tonka
20th May 2014, 09:52 PM
welcome to the forum :)

clubbyr8
5th June 2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys... :)

Stropp
5th June 2014, 09:51 PM
Welcome along mate, hope you find what you are looking for.

MrSka
6th June 2014, 09:59 AM
Welcome to the forums!

waqar
12th June 2014, 11:48 PM
Welcome to Patrol World.
Regards,

Grease monkey
14th June 2014, 05:04 PM
Hi welcome, I also am one of the grey nomads, and you can look forward to lots of new and rewarding adventures.

Grease monkey
14th June 2014, 05:05 PM
Hi welcome, I also am one of the grey nomads, and you can look forward to lots of new and rewarding adventures. Grey Nomad.

moearja
15th June 2014, 01:27 PM
Welcome to the forum mate:)