PDA

View Full Version : What do these do.

Mudboss
8th May 2014, 05:17 PM
Hi All

I got an 03 4.2 intercooled turb diesel, in the engine bay under the right hand bonnet hinge is two adjustable valves with vacume hoses coming off them. Sorry i cant post a pic just yet and i havent dont any research into it yet, just asking to see if any1 can head me in the right direction.

Thenks fellas

P.S. Heading to do googs track tomorrow (9/5/14) Cant wait.

growler2058
8th May 2014, 07:12 PM
Need a pic mate

menace 2
8th May 2014, 11:29 PM
Hi All

I got an 03 4.2 intercooled turb diesel, in the engine bay under the right hand bonnet hinge is two adjustable valves with vacume hoses coming off them. Sorry i cant post a pic just yet and i havent dont any research into it yet, just asking to see if any1 can head me in the right direction.

Thenks fellas

P.S. Heading to do googs track tomorrow (9/5/14) Cant wait.

Is this it mate ?...and right hand from which direction ?

4by
9th May 2014, 12:21 AM
Is this it mate ?...and right hand from which direction ?

That looks like vacuum solenoid for factory rear locker of TI model. The 4.2 turbo diesel assuming would be ST which has lsd instead of locker. The ST have a similar vacuum solenoid on the other side firewall only single unit which would operate one way. I imagine this is what mudboss is referring to..... however my brain cant remember what it does.... :banghead:

Mudboss
14th May 2014, 09:14 PM
yeh they look pretty close, but mine are on the drivers side under the bonnet hinge. Yeh mines just an st so no locker :( (YET).

thanks Fellas

nissannewby
14th May 2014, 09:25 PM
They are for your egr system mate. The 4.2 that came factory intercooled from late 03 had a very basic egr setup on it. This may be part of the control that you are looking at.

Mudboss
15th May 2014, 05:26 AM
Ahh ok, so can you just disconnect them like other models?

nissannewby
15th May 2014, 07:13 AM
Yes you can. You can also blank it and remove the butterfly from your intercooler.

4by
15th May 2014, 08:52 AM
Is this what your referring to? I dont have an intercooler and its on my td42t. Looks like its polution gear related. Hose runs from back of pump to canister on left guard.

menace 2
15th May 2014, 09:06 AM
yep...manual says mine is the charcoal canister purge control valve...so I dare say that and mudboss's might be the same

nissannewby
15th May 2014, 10:38 AM
Is this what your referring to? I dont have an intercooler and its on my td42t. Looks like its polution gear related. Hose runs from back of pump to canister on left guard.

That's your ac idle up solenoid which is vacuum operated the canister on your left hand guard on your td42t is a vac tank.

Mudboss
17th May 2014, 12:20 AM
mmm, nar mine is like the pic that 4by first posted.

Sorry fellas im up at work as soon as i get home ill take a pic and do some research and let you guys know.