PDA

View Full Version : installing new reverse light 1998 gu wagon

DilboBaggins
6th May 2014, 01:37 PM
G'day fellas! We have had this reverse light sitting in the shed for awhile now and since im bored out of my mind, I was going to give it a shot on installing it. Now ive opened the back doors and im sitting here scratching my head about it. Ive opened the little cover to access the rear lights but I cant seem to unclip the housing. I tried to actually take the whole reverse/brake light housing off to get behind it but I broke it a little :( anyone got a new suggestion that is easier? Cheers!

sooty_10
6th May 2014, 03:30 PM
Once you remove the interior access panel there is two small bolts which hold the tail light assembly in place. Simply undo them and then there is only 2 posts which locate the light into a couple of plastic bungs. Simply pull it straight out and they will let go. I've had mine out many times and haven't managed to break anything.

DilboBaggins
6th May 2014, 03:49 PM
Cheers mate, I was getting abit frustrated and thought it was only the bungs that hold it on

DilboBaggins
6th May 2014, 05:32 PM
I finally did it!! :)

sooty_10
6th May 2014, 06:13 PM
Yeah without been able to stick your head in for a good look it's easy to miss those bolts first time around.