PDA

View Full Version : GQ patrol open wheel rear diff centre

dags544
6th May 2014, 01:07 PM
gday everyone, im new to the forum and don't actually own a patrol, just use a bullet proof GQ Patrol rear diff for my off road racing truck.
I am in the process of trying to fit a mechanical locker to my centre however ive discovered the centre needs to be a 4 pinion open wheel centre. It WILL NOT work with all the LSD centres I have!!
has anyone ever come across an open wheel centre for the h223 diff?
cheers in advance for your help.

Alitis007
6th May 2014, 02:00 PM
gday everyone, im new to the forum and don't actually own a patrol, just use a bullet proof GQ Patrol rear diff for my off road racing truck. I am in the process of trying to fit a mechanical locker to my centre however ive discovered the centre needs to be a 4 pinion open wheel centre. It WILL NOT work with all the LSD centres I have!! has anyone ever come across an open wheel centre for the h223 diff? cheers in advance for your help.
The only open centers i know of the ones with factory vacuum lockers but i have been told about the rare "povo pack" with open center and drum breaks. Are you trying to fit a mini spool ??? Most lockers i've seen fit straight into the original center and sometimes you just need to change the bearings because the inner race have a different id to the factory units