PDA

View Full Version : Clarion 24v converter wiring help please

hillclimber
6th May 2014, 04:43 AM
Ok new to me Safari. 94, auto td42t, 24volt.
The stereo was replaced and aftermarket 10a converter put in its place by previous owner. He/she also ripped out the stock clarion reducer from the rear panel ( I can see the scraped paint from the screw heads) and cut the wires...
Problem is that the 12v Speedo, clock, temp, oil and fuel gauges dont work, but the 24v lights and volt meter do. I found only one line with 24volts going to the dash the rest is grounds or nothing.
So I assume they didnt rewire anything except the stereo, as there is no other wires running from it.
I found this under the carpet under passenger rear seat.44157
but I cant see where it goes, there is no wires where the converter should be.
Any help on where to tie my 12volts back into would be great. I cant pass inspections without basic guages.
Any thoughts?

hillclimber
6th May 2014, 04:45 AM
Oh yeah, I ripped apart pretty much the whole truck. Dash is all out, front carpets, side panels. I found the stock clarion amps. I assume that they were bypassed and can be removed without losing sound?

hillclimber
6th May 2014, 07:53 AM
Re-routing the speaker wires. grrr, ok now where is the speaker wires for the little speakers on the a-pillar

hillclimber
6th May 2014, 07:56 AM
Ohh cant download the manual. lol just found that link! cant wait

chrisc2306
6th May 2014, 05:02 PM
Is the clarion convertor still there? I'm pretty sure that the speedo is 24v but the temp and oil are both 12v as is the clock. If you can find them there should be a couple of light blue wires one does the oil and temp gauges and the other is for the clock, there should also be a 24v feed that used to go to the convertor also. Not sure how much help there is but I can probably offer more advice if you need it I've had the dash and stuff apart on my safari quite a lot of times and messed around with it

hillclimber
7th May 2014, 02:58 PM
Thx Chris that's a good start.
Yup the converter is gone along with the wires(that I can see). The previous owner removed them all
I thought the speedo was 12 v too. Because the tach is 12v (from what I've seen online) and the odometer is not working aswell. Basically only the volt meter and the lil 24v bulbs work.
Do you know how many wires come from that converter and where I might find at least some part of it.

Thx

chrisc2306
7th May 2014, 05:19 PM
Thx Chris that's a good start.
Yup the converter is gone along with the wires(that I can see). The previous owner removed them all
I thought the speedo was 12 v too. Because the tach is 12v (from what I've seen online) and the odometer is not working aswell. Basically only the volt meter and the lil 24v bulbs work.
Do you know how many wires come from that converter and where I might find at least some part of it.

Thx

I'm pretty sure if you can locate a red wire around about the passengers footwell behind the kick plate if it's not been completely cut away that is the 24v in and one of the light blue ones the slightly bigger one should give you your power to your dash cluster, as I said before there is a smaller light blue cable which if you connect up it will give power to the clock