PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Cairns

colinlamos
5th May 2014, 08:33 PM
I joined up recently but haven't had time for an intro. I'm Colin and I have a 1996 GQ ST Ute that I've fitted a Trayon slide on camper to. I've had the patrol for a couple of years now and love it. Coil's all round with rear airbags, ATX turbo on a 4.2 diesel, Warn winch, Lightforce spotties, dual battery and full battery management system.

Have just finished preping the vehicle for our first big trip. Replaced both batteries (would you believe the deep cycle Optima had been in the truck since 2005 and only just gave up the ghost and the crank battery was on pushing out 360 amp). Also put new heavy duty shocky's and 2 new airbags. I had a GQ wagon from new back in 89' and I think this ute is better to drive than the wagon. And I recently fitted a rearview camera because the camper blocks the centre mirror completely.

So our first trip is from Cairns to the Kimberly and back - leaving in about 2 weeks and have till Aug 1st to be back in Cairns. Can't wait to hit the road.

Cheers everybody....

MEGOMONSTER
5th May 2014, 08:38 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth

Sherro
5th May 2014, 08:40 PM
G'day Colin welcome to the forum mate happy touring should be a top trip.

AB
5th May 2014, 08:41 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Sounds like a well set up beast, if you get a chance wang up a members ride thread with pics, I'm sure a lot of members wouldn't mind a squizz.

FNQGU
5th May 2014, 09:07 PM
Welcome and good luck with the trip mate. I'm sure we'd all be very interested in a trip report and pics as you go! And if you ever want to hook up for a run somewhere out of Cairns just sing out.

Avo
5th May 2014, 10:27 PM
welcome mate and happy travels

Dhuck
6th May 2014, 07:19 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

hillclimber
6th May 2014, 07:22 AM
Hello, posting pics of the camper soon? :)

threedogs
6th May 2014, 07:24 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, jump in anytime and enjoy.
I love full size utes , how about some pics and you could start
a thread on your trip we can follow.

Headhoncho67
6th May 2014, 07:51 AM
Hi there - plenty of info here if you need it. These guys are a wealth of information if you need it!

gunzmcghie
6th May 2014, 04:05 PM
Gday mate. Welcome to the forum

healy
6th May 2014, 04:13 PM
Welcome to the forum

growler2058
6th May 2014, 07:25 PM
Gday Colin welcome aboard mate

my third 256
7th May 2014, 01:33 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

alijamal83
8th May 2014, 09:35 AM
hello and welcome glad to see new ones here

Matchbox
4th July 2014, 06:33 PM
Welcome to the forum mate