PDA

View Full Version : Hema HN7 fitting into the GU

bindi
5th May 2014, 02:09 PM
Hello all

I am looking at a Nav system for a GU and wondered if anyone here has experience of whether the HEMA HN7 system will fit neatly into the dashbox that sits above the stereo and which is in-between the 2 middle air vents. It is currently a little storage space with a flip up lid?

I haven't got my car yet so unfortunately I can't do the obvious and measure it for size, sorry.

Reckon one of you will already have given this a go?

Many thanks

Mark

threedogs
5th May 2014, 02:45 PM
you can only get two sizes as far as I know that is one Din and double Din.
By you saying a flip up lid I take it its a later model Patrol. single din is about 150mm x 50mm
I lot here have removed the Nissan OE set up in favour of the more user friendly units available
EG Bluetooth, GPS,CD,DVD, iPod am/fm drs. all in one

Winnie
5th May 2014, 02:47 PM
By you saying a flip up lid I take it its a later model Patrol. single din is about 150mm x 50mm
I lot here have removed the Nissan OE set up in favour of the more user friendly units available

The Hema HN7 is a standalone unit made to be mounted to the windscreen like any other gps.

bindi
5th May 2014, 04:34 PM
The Hema HN7 is a standalone unit made to be mounted to the windscreen like any other gps.

Yup but i thought if it fitted in that little cubby hole in the later GU's it would be hidden when not in use, and have a natural sunshade when being used, not to mention the possibility of it being hardwired in?

bindi
5th May 2014, 04:35 PM

thanks threedogs,
that unit looks neat, can you tell me what make it is and how much of pain was it to fit or was it plug and play.
I'm also wanting to put a camera in.

cheers
Mark

threedogs
5th May 2014, 05:07 PM
The unit I mave is reverse camera friendly, I even have TV on it.
Got a mate from JB HIFI to wire it for me, A few here use Eonon
or something like that Ill hunt up link.
GPS software is the same as Hemma, so easy to use
easier to type in Double din

Clunk
5th May 2014, 05:28 PM
I can't remember who it was now but someone on here screwed a Ram mount holder into the area your talking about and just removes their gps when not used..... They were using a tablet as a gps though

TimE
5th May 2014, 05:55 PM
That would be me, among others, have a look here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?25079-Aldi-10-quot-Tablet-for-Navigation-and-Comms)

Clunk
5th May 2014, 06:35 PM
That would be me, among others, have a look here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?25079-Aldi-10-quot-Tablet-for-Navigation-and-Comms)

Thanks mate

bindi
5th May 2014, 06:47 PM

Thanks TimE, thats the idea I was after :)

outback
12th May 2014, 02:56 AM
Yup but i thought if it fitted in that little cubby hole in the later GU's it would be hidden when not in use, and have a natural sunshade when being used, not to mention the possibility of it being hardwired in?

I tried something like this with the HN6 but you can't stuff it in that little hole. You may do a RAM mount but it will be outside in view. The HN7 is bigger.

If you are worried re sunshade get the HN7 sun shade and make it a big bigger. Neither the HN6 or HN7 sunshades work in all sun situations so you need to make a small mod to reduce sun glare on the screen.

Actually I found the HN6 back lighting day and night to be slightly better than the HN7, especially the HN6 for day time..

The HN7 also has a few annoying aspects not encountered in the HN6.

4wdreaming
17th May 2014, 08:37 AM

is this the same one ?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-GPS-Stereo-Radio-DVD-Player-Nissan-Tiida-Livina-Qashqai-X-Trail-Versa-Camera/271405798966?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26 asc%3D20140122130056%26meid%3D6949240089347392671% 26pid%3D100010%26prg%3D20140122130056%26rk%3D6%26r kt%3D24%26sd%3D251179654766

Dr Gary
18th May 2014, 05:26 PM
I tried a GPS similar to the HEMA, but no chance it will fit in the small flip top opening. I manufactured a mount but really ugly.
Try an after market double din unit--mine cost $150 and included GPS, maps, radio, music, bluetooth for phone, and reversing camera.
Fitting cost $80 and the guy just made a short lead to convert the Nissan wires to the unit--two plugs and all works --amazing