PDA

View Full Version : Engine Stalling on Gas after Fitting Snorkel

Hendo70
5th May 2014, 12:12 PM
Hi Guys,
I have recently fitted a snorkel to my 92 Patrol, it runs great on Petrol but stalls alot when I run it on Gas. I did a quick search on google n found a page where the guy tried few things, then turned the head on the snorkel so it faces the rear to reduce the cold air forcing in and stalling the engine. I did this and it doesn't stall as often but still does it. Any ideas?

cheers

lucus30
5th May 2014, 12:26 PM
Hi Guys,
I have recently fitted a snorkel to my 92 Patrol, it runs great on Petrol but stalls alot when I run it on Gas. I did a quick search on google n found a page where the guy tried few things, then turned the head on the snorkel so it faces the rear to reduce the cold air forcing in and stalling the engine. I did this and it doesn't stall as often but still does it. Any ideas?

cheers

You need to fit a balance pipe between your airbox and the mixer

threedogs
5th May 2014, 12:31 PM
X 2 with Lucas you'll need a balance pipe

Hendo70
5th May 2014, 12:33 PM
X 2 with Lucas you'll need a balance pipe

cheers, is it an easy process or do I need to get it done?

lucus30
5th May 2014, 01:50 PM
Personally I have never done it but if you search for Patrol balance pipe you find will find your answer. Also you probably should get your gas tuned after a fitting snorkel and balance pipe

Edit: Have a look at this thread among many others

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?22377-GU-TB45-Wagon-on-LPG&p=424259&viewfull=1#post424259

or this one

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?11168-Fitting-a-snorkel-with-gas&p=232145&viewfull=1#post232145

Parksy
5th May 2014, 06:26 PM
Until then try spinning the head of the snorkel the other way.

Hendo70
5th May 2014, 08:10 PM
Until then try spinning the head of the snorkel the other way.

Yeh did that but found was only ok for short trips around town, once I drive for any further she stalls when I slow down or come to a stop. I have an elbow pipe fitting at the back of my Mixer which has nothing attached, is this the point I run my pipe to from the airbox?