PDA

View Full Version : Tyre lean??

Reidy
2nd May 2014, 09:22 PM
It looks like one of my front tyres is leaning out at the top.. how do I check it correctly and repair??

MudRunnerTD
2nd May 2014, 09:35 PM
Have you got a pic?? It should not be possible for it to sit like that? Even a bent diff will go the other way? Jack the front up and make sure you have not smashed a wheel bearing or king pin bearing?? You will know pretty quick if this is the case.

Reidy
2nd May 2014, 09:51 PM
Yeah thats what I thought. I have a kingpin replacement kit im going to try do tomorrow. With the wheel bearings front and back am I able to change them or do I need to take I to a shop??

Reidy
2nd May 2014, 09:53 PM
The lean looks only slight, maybe too many rums are the cause.. ha ha

Sherro
3rd May 2014, 07:36 PM
The front are easy enough to do your self the rears probable better to take to a work shop.

GUtsy ute
3rd May 2014, 10:11 PM
Have you tried holding the wheel at the top and rocking the car side to side to feel or hear any clunks or looseness?

No doubt Clunk is on board!
(He's a member by the way)

Any movement indicates swivel bearings or wheel bearings could be the cause.

Clunk
4th May 2014, 12:07 AM
Have you tried holding the wheel at the top and rocking the car side to side to feel or hear any clunks or looseness?

No doubt Clunk is on board!
(He's a member by the way)

Any movement indicates swivel bearings or wheel bearings could be the cause.

Not me mate, I've been no way near!!!! Lol

aarron
29th May 2014, 10:20 PM
I have the same problem, am struggling to find answers short of dropping her off at the shop and hoping they don't go to town on charging me.