PDA

View Full Version : Turbo replacement 2007 3lt

Reidy
2nd May 2014, 10:52 AM
The oil seal has gone in my turbo and im looking to replace the turbo. Could I get some advice on what turbo to buy, and how big a turbo I can Install?

mudski
2nd May 2014, 12:47 PM
Is it for the nav or patrol? Not a lot of oprions being a vnt turbo. If there are any. The only option I see is the turbo on ebay with the billet update kit in it...

Reidy
2nd May 2014, 02:39 PM
On my patrol mate.

nomadTech87
8th May 2014, 03:54 PM
You know anything about the Billet turbos Mudski? I'm looking at replacing mine (2 broken studs on exhaust side, stuttering sound at boost and a minimum $800 refurbishment cost). Saw a few people online saying they were installing Billets but nothing from people who are running them =/. The fact that they are only $799 compared to $1500 to a new OEM makes me a bit suspicious...
Though I'm reminded of an anecdote from a colleague who used to build collision avoidance systems for mine haul trucks, they originally sold them for $100 'cause they cost bugger all to make but companies were wary about buying a safety product that was so dirt cheap so they jacked the price up 10 fold and then they started selling like hotcakes