PDA

View Full Version : Well, here we go...

Exnavrig
1st May 2014, 10:37 PM
After a number of years with Landrovers (Defender & Disco) I've taken the plunge with a 2007 Patrol; I hope to pick it up on Saturday. :driving2:

Beforedeciding on the Patrol I actually knew very little about them, only that they were physically huge in comparison to a Disco/Defender but after driving it I thought, kinda like this let's give it a go. :jawdrop:

I don't live in Australia, in fact I couldn't live in a place less like Australia, but having looked at the various formums etc about Patrols yours seemend to be by far the most lively and with the best info. and banter. :)

Looking forward to finding out more about the Patrol and catching up with some of the members on here. :thumbup:

Drewboyaus
1st May 2014, 10:48 PM
Welcome aboard mate. I've got a bit of a soft spot for 'Rovers as a heap of my mates have had various versions........and the Rover bent 8 is a glorious sounding donk at full noise.
Good to see you made the change to a Patrol. Seriously, you won't look back.
Where are you from?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

MEGOMONSTER
1st May 2014, 10:50 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth

Dhuck
1st May 2014, 11:12 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Exnavrig
1st May 2014, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome :cheers:

The Defender was a v8 90 and was just absolutely brilliant and what a noise it made :049: unfortunately with petrol at $2.64 (Australian) per litre I couldn't afford to run it AND feed the kids, so after a great deal of soull searching and despite pleading with the various child care agencies the Defender had to go.... :animierte-smilies-f

I live in the Isle of Man and your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to find it on a map. I suppose by Australian standards it is absolutely tiny and the climate completely opposite - but is a cool place to live.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Nissan_Jarod
1st May 2014, 11:47 PM
Hi ive recently brought a patrol and so keen to get into some forums and read up about stuff. I hope you find what you are looking for and have a good chat with a bunch of good people...

WELCOME

my third 256
2nd May 2014, 10:08 AM
Welcome to the forum mate yes we know it well as we have just had the tt races on tv here

threedogs
2nd May 2014, 10:22 AM
Hi Mate and welcome to the forum. a Manx eh great race eh.
jump in anytime and enjoy

lee1300
2nd May 2014, 11:34 AM
hey people, i got an 85 swb 4speed l28

AB
2nd May 2014, 07:09 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

krbrooking
2nd May 2014, 07:26 PM
Welcome aboard mate. Heaps of good info and a great bunch of ppl.

Sent from me using Forum Runner

Sir Roofy
2nd May 2014, 09:21 PM
Welcome aboard mate

growler2058
2nd May 2014, 09:38 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard. You fellas got a little bike race over there, yeah.

Stropp
2nd May 2014, 11:06 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, the Isle of Man, everyone that has a heart beat knows where that is :)

Barrbeast
2nd May 2014, 11:08 PM
Welcome bud :)

Sherro
3rd May 2014, 07:12 PM
G'day mate welcome to the forum.

alijamal83
8th May 2014, 09:30 AM
hello and welcome glad to see new ones here