PDA

View Full Version : Hi, New to the forum but a long time Patrol owner

trokel
1st May 2014, 09:10 PM
Hi all,
I have a 91' TB42S ST manual GQ Patrol wagon on dual fuel that I have owned for nearly 16 years and during that time I have done all the repairs/maintenance on it myself so hopefully i will be able to contribute a bit to the site with the knowledge that I have gained during that time. Admittedly i probably should have joined the forum years ago but to be honest it is such a good vehicle that i never really had the need.
The thing that attracted me to forum now was a thread relating to clutch booster problems as it would appear that mine is starting to develop this issue.

Anyway seeing as this is an introduction here is a bit about myself and the vehicle.

I bought it back in 98' with just over 90 thou on the clock. Back then it was pretty much stock apart from the gas system. now it has around 225k on the clock which admittedly is bugger all for an old GQ.
In the early days we did a fair bit of offroad stuff but these days it is mainly family transport however with the kids growing up a bit and beginning to show some interest i would like to it back out in the bush. The main mods to the vehicle are Rancho shocks, custom springs, warn winch & steel bull bar, dual batt system and full roof rack. Over the years it hasn't really had any major problems and thankfully parts are so cheap and readily available and as such I tend to replace things before they fail. Over the years i have considered updating it many times but have never found anything that I am happy to replace it with. Wouldn't mind a low mileage GU 4.5 manual on gas but most of them have done more k's than my old girl.

As for me I still go bush and camp a fair bit but usually on a motorbike and when it comes to forums i tend to hang out on ADVrider.

My internet connection is crap at night so i will post some pics when it is working better.

AB
1st May 2014, 09:14 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

growler2058
1st May 2014, 09:16 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard

Drewboyaus
1st May 2014, 10:09 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum. Good to see another whitey......white GQ's are the best Patrols! Hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

MEGOMONSTER
1st May 2014, 10:37 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth

Dhuck
1st May 2014, 11:15 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

trokel
1st May 2014, 11:26 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Good to see another whitey

When I bought it years ago colour didn't play a big factor in the choice but I would have to agree that white is the best. Even after all these years it still scrubs up well with a spit and polish whereas most of the metallic paint jobs have gone to crap.

Avo
1st May 2014, 11:40 PM
great intro mate and welcome.

Nissan_Jarod
1st May 2014, 11:45 PM
Hi ive recently brought a patrol and so keen to get into some forums and read up about stuff. I hope you find what you are looking for and have a good chat with a bunch of good people...

WELCOME

my third 256
2nd May 2014, 10:09 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

threedogs
2nd May 2014, 10:19 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, jump in anytime and enjoy

Stropp
2nd May 2014, 11:12 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Sherro
3rd May 2014, 07:11 PM