PDA

View Full Version : 12 weeks! :D

nissannewby
1st May 2014, 08:36 PM
Hi everyone.

Bit of an exciting time and being that it's 12 weeks we can break the news :). Sharee and I are having our first :).

First scan was today and everything is looking spot on :).

Cheers.

AB
1st May 2014, 08:43 PM
Congratulations Matty!!!!

Such a great turning point in life mate you'll love it. Well done!

megatexture
1st May 2014, 08:46 PM
That's great news mate but who's the father !!

Lol seriously though congrats !

MudRunnerTD
1st May 2014, 08:47 PM
That's awesome Matty a massive congrats to you and Sheree.

An Amazing thing!

04OFF
1st May 2014, 08:55 PM
Congrats you pair, lets all hope it looks more like Sharee.........:biggrin:(bwahahhahaaahh)

And also, you've both got utes, where is the kiddy seat gonna go ?

BigRAWesty
1st May 2014, 08:56 PM
Bahahahahahaha bahahahahahaha... Your farked too... Lol

Well done mate and congrats to you both.

mudnut
1st May 2014, 09:11 PM
That's great news. Congratulations

Winnie
1st May 2014, 09:25 PM
That's great news Matt. Congratulations to you and Sharee!

Bloodyaussie
1st May 2014, 09:26 PM
Wow the first is a real exciting time mate............. enjoy every minute of this experience as it is truly a beautiful thing..

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nissannewby
1st May 2014, 09:27 PM
Congrats you pair, lets all hope it looks more like Sharee.........:biggrin:(bwahahhahaaahh)

And also, you've both got utes, where is the kiddy seat gonna go ?

Oh your so funny.....

We have a Carolla :).

nissannewby
1st May 2014, 09:28 PM
Bahahahahahaha bahahahahahaha... Your farked too... Lol

Well done mate and congrats to you both.

I would suggest editing this.

gaddy
1st May 2014, 09:32 PM
Congrats to you both mate

:):beer:

NissanGQ4.2
1st May 2014, 09:33 PM
If you wanted kids I could of given you some! *L*

Congrats Matty and Sharee

Get as much sleep as you can now! The last sleep in I had was just before my first...............close to 7 years now :(

Maxhead
1st May 2014, 09:42 PM
Ohh fark!!!!Mate that is unreal news...CONGRATS to you both.
The joys of being a father are just un describable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TPC
1st May 2014, 09:57 PM
Congrats to you both, as others have said get some sleep now. lol

lhurley
1st May 2014, 10:22 PM
Congrats to you both bud

:bigthumbup:

MEGOMONSTER
1st May 2014, 10:36 PM
Congrats Matt, to you both.
I'm sure you'll make a wonderful father.

Chris79
1st May 2014, 10:44 PM
Well done mate, exciting time. Enjoy it.

Stropp
1st May 2014, 10:59 PM
Congrats mate, that's great news for you three. Hope it alls goes well mate.

Dhuck
1st May 2014, 11:03 PM
Congrats guys. Hope you look forward to the next 18 odd years. lol. Thats great news.

Avo
1st May 2014, 11:20 PM
congrats to you both,life will never be the same..

Clunk
1st May 2014, 11:43 PM
Bloody great news mate, very special times ahead........ Congrats to you both

mudski
1st May 2014, 11:47 PM
Congrats matt, awesome news... You will definitely know you alive when lil' bubs is around. Because you will be a wake more than asleep. My first never slept a full night until she was 4 1/2... Now I can't get her out of bed.

Family4x4
2nd May 2014, 01:58 AM
Congrats.

You can start to prepare, set your alarm clock to go off in 3 hr intervals. Unless you are really tired make it go off just as you fall asleep.

Gecko17
2nd May 2014, 09:38 AM
Congrats mate. I wish you and Sheree all the best. Kids may be a handful but you'd never give them back....

mudski
2nd May 2014, 10:57 AM
Congrats mate. I wish you and Sheree all the best. Kids may be a handful but you'd never give them back....
You got that bloody right. My two screaming banshee's give me the irrits when they are home, but when they're at school or I'm away, I miss them like crazy. Dunno about you guys but I was a blubbering mess when my two first came into the world.

GU CAMPER
2nd May 2014, 10:58 AM
Congrats Matt and Sharee
Enjoy

jack
2nd May 2014, 11:04 AM
Well there goes life as you know it!
Congratulations to you both, this will give you an interest other than the mighty Nissan.

Only advice I can give is, you need to train them early. When the baby wakes at night pretend to be asleep, Sheree will eventually wake and will eventually be trained.:p

Only joking, but a baby will change your life - for the better, enjoy.

threedogs
2nd May 2014, 11:52 AM
wish both of you all the best.
now get a lock for the shower door lol

Oldmate1
2nd May 2014, 01:23 PM
congratulations mate
are you going to find out what your having. i didn't for my 2 as there are not many surprises in life nothing beats that feeling of seeing
your kid for the first time

Alitis007
2nd May 2014, 02:05 PM
Congrats to you both!! You gotta be pretty happy with yourself Matty, you now know 'IT' works!! :D

fracster
2nd May 2014, 05:27 PM
Best of luck to all mate.

Sir Roofy
2nd May 2014, 05:53 PM
Must be them fruitloops you keep eating
congrats to you both mate
thats put an end to barrel racing for
a while

Stropp
2nd May 2014, 07:00 PM
conrats Matt, yours and my grandchild will be the same age, i got informed yesterday they are 12 weeks along as well :)

nissannewby
2nd May 2014, 07:24 PM
congratulations mate
are you going to find out what your having. i didn't for my 2 as there are not many surprises in life nothing beats that feeling of seeing
your kid for the first time

Yeah it looks like it is a boy but we will know for sure at the next scan. The girl wanted to find out as she wants to be prepared as she can be before he comes along. And as I said they could have got it wrong and we will know in 8 weeks time :).

nissannewby
2nd May 2014, 07:26 PM
Must be them fruitloops you keep eating
congrats to you both mate
thats put an end to barrel racing for
a while

Only until the bub comes along then it will be all barrels mate. Believe it or not that trip was the last time I had fruit loops lol.

growler2058
2nd May 2014, 09:11 PM
I missed this!
Congrats to both of you mate!!!
Don't listen to the horror sleepless nights yarns mate
I slept fine.........wife ave 2-3hrs a night for the first year but I kinda didn't notice till she'd bite my face off every waking 30seconds hahajahahaha

2TROLLFAM
2nd May 2014, 11:23 PM
WOOHOOO!!!!! Congratulations guys - your first is so exciting & scarey .... My 'baby' who is #3 is nearly 9 now. The time flies so make the most of every minute xXx

And pfffft to sleepless nights - it doesn't last long

TPC
2nd May 2014, 11:31 PM
WOOHOOO!!!!! Congratulations guys - your first is so exciting & scarey .... My 'baby' who is #3 is nearly 9 now. The time flies so make the most of every minute xXx

And pfffft to sleepless nights - it doesn't last long

That's not true, my second kid is 27 and still causing me to have sleepless nights.

2TROLLFAM
2nd May 2014, 11:36 PM
That's not true, my second kid is 27 and still causing me to have sleepless nights.

BWAHAHAHA we have 19, 16, 12 & 9yr olds - I only have to start counting to 3 and they ALL go deathly quiet ... I am the ultimate power LOL

But must admit Miss 19 didn't sleep through till she was 6mths old

cgm
3rd May 2014, 12:27 AM
Congrats Matt, good times.

Talking about surprises, some friends did have a good surprise last year. They "found out" and had everything decked out in pink for their little girl and then a handsome little man arrived instead. :) You can find out, but you've got keep the options a little open. To be honest it took them a few weeks to adjust and all the teasing they got almost got on top of the new Mum. From my side I did think it was pretty funny!

Yendor
3rd May 2014, 06:57 PM
Congratulations Matt and Sharee. It's great to hear some good news. I wish you both all the best.

Cheers Rodney

Wine_maker
4th May 2014, 06:21 PM
Congratulations nissannewby!

That's great news mate! As a father of 2 children I can tell you: "Let's the fun begins!"

All the best to you and your family!

mudski
4th May 2014, 09:58 PM
But must admit Miss 19 didn't sleep through till she was 6mths old

Feck your lucky! Our first kid was 4 1/2 until she had hers, and ours, first full nights sleep.

2TROLLFAM
5th May 2014, 04:44 PM
Feck your lucky! Our first kid was 4 1/2 until she had hers, and ours, first full nights sleep.

There would have been blood shed if that had happened to me LOL

Stropp
6th May 2014, 12:22 AM
My son woke very hr on the hr for the first yr :( boy that was hard, maybe now he is havin his a bit of payback lol

macca86
10th May 2014, 06:35 PM
Big congratulations to you both. We know how exciting it all is as we had a scan on Wednesday and found out we were 10 weeks along, we have known since week four but kept it quiet.
For those that don't know our situation we were told we were going to need ivf to conceive so this is a little miracle for us.
We are going to the Wesley for our baby where are you guys going?
Another 2 kids to the patrol forum family!

AB
10th May 2014, 06:37 PM
My son woke very hr on the hr for the first yr :( boy that was hard, maybe now he is havin his a bit of payback lol

Don't scare the young man...lol

macca86
10th May 2014, 06:43 PM
It's ok AB it's the wife's duty to tend to baby through the night and a mans job to go to work to pay for the little bundle of joy and when he gets home tend to baby to give mamma a break.

AB
10th May 2014, 06:51 PM
I will give one bit of advice Matty...

Keep your new born away from anyone who is sick for the first few months. The crap our family has gone through in the last couple of weeks in and out of hospital and the poor little bugger is still going through hell...

I should of paid more attention to my daughter who was real crook giving the new born sneaky kisses and touching her mouth etc...Nightmare!

DX grunt
10th May 2014, 07:01 PM
It's ok AB it's the wife's duty to tend to baby through the night and a mans job to go to work to pay for the little bundle of joy and when he gets home tend to baby to give mamma a break.

There are many posts that I could add my 2c worth, but I chose Macca's. lol

All my 4 boys were born by caesaerean.

My routine was.....when the wife heard the baby wake up, I'd get woken up, got out of bed, fetched bubs, took it back to bed so the missus could feed him, and she'd wake me up to burp bubs and put him back to bed, then I'd have a bit more sleep and then go to work. BTW, I was a shift worker. lol.

Then there was the vacuuming, hanging and picking the washing, dishes. Our first two were cloth nappies and the last 2 were disposables.

I was sick of cleaning the nappies and dry reaching at the same time during the transition period of milk to solids. lol

The missus used to scrub the shower until the first caesear, and I've been doing it ever since!!!!!

Anyway, congrats Matt and Sharee. All the best for this life changing journey.

Take care out there.

Rossco

2TROLLFAM
10th May 2014, 11:11 PM
Big congratulations to you both. We know how exciting it all is as we had a scan on Wednesday and found out we were 10 weeks along, we have known since week four but kept it quiet. For those that don't know our situation we were told we were going to need ivf to conceive so this is a little miracle for us. We are going to the Wesley for our baby where are you guys going? Another 2 kids to the patrol forum family!

OMFG!!!!! Congratulations you 2... That's awesome news ... I'm so happy for you!!! Musta been the knife shave eh Macca? Scared the little bloke into action hahaha

That's so cool - 2 patrol babies so close together
???????

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

2TROLLFAM
10th May 2014, 11:14 PM
.. Double post

nissannewby
11th May 2014, 12:02 AM
Big congratulations to you both. We know how exciting it all is as we had a scan on Wednesday and found out we were 10 weeks along, we have known since week four but kept it quiet.
For those that don't know our situation we were told we were going to need ivf to conceive so this is a little miracle for us.
We are going to the Wesley for our baby where are you guys going?
Another 2 kids to the patrol forum family!

Get your own thread :p (kidding).

Mate that is awesome news I know how exciting it is without what having been told what you guys were told. It is ever so sweet but with that mate it would just be the cherry on top. Congratulations mate and all the very best. Having met yourself and your better half it will be a beautiful kid.

nissannewby
11th May 2014, 12:05 AM
Don't scare the young man...lol

It takes a bit to scare me Andy but this does have me a little nervous. Give me a 4wd hanging off the edge of a cliff lol. I don't know how to describe it but they are good nervs.

macca86
11th May 2014, 09:12 AM
I hope you got the missus some stuff for mothers day. I got some muslin wraps and cot stuff for Jenni today it's kinda making it all real now. Does the missus have any big cravings or stuff like that yet? Jenni is driving me nuts with eating chicken and putting mayo on things and I can't let her cook as I don't like eating salt

nissannewby
11th May 2014, 08:30 PM
No big cravings just very specific ones. We are at 14 weeks now :) and next scan is all booked in. We got the results from the last blood test and scans on Friday and all is spot on :). We have started receiving clothes and all sorts we have a few friends who have very young children so we are surprisingly getting given a bit of stuff. Prams, cots etc.

gaddy
11th May 2014, 09:03 PM
I hope all this means I won't be the only one to take the family on the next glasshouse trip ,

Congrats to all of ya ,

PMC
5th June 2014, 04:07 AM
Hi everyone.

Bit of an exciting time and being that it's 12 weeks we can break the news :). Sharee and I are having our first :).

First scan was today and everything is looking spot on :).

Cheers.

G'day Matt,

I formally would like to say congratulations on your great news.

If you notice the time is 3.30am, both Ally and I are still awake due 15 month old Ryan being sic. Unfortunately, the poor little bugger is suffering from a cold and is pushing through his back molar teeth.

He has kept us a wake for the last two nights. Mate, it is all good fun. lol

PS, come back down and stay with us for a week-end and Ally and I will leave him with both you and Sharee for some practice and field testing so you know what you are in for. lol

Kind regards,

Paul

Hodge
5th June 2014, 09:05 AM
Congrats mate. Good times to be had ahead !

nissannewby
1st November 2014, 05:58 AM
Times up.....

growler2058
1st November 2014, 06:08 AM
Enjoy your last moments of quietness mate :)

AB
1st November 2014, 06:25 AM
Ding...the bun is ready!

Maxhead
1st November 2014, 06:34 AM
Ding...the oven is ready!

You mean the bun...LOL

Good luck Matty, nothing to stress about. Just head to the nearest pub and wait till the jobs done...LOL

MudRunnerTD
1st November 2014, 06:59 AM
Good luck mate. Best wishes to you and Sheree. May you enjoy every part of being parents.

Winnie
1st November 2014, 07:17 AM
Go you good thing!

threedogs
1st November 2014, 07:22 AM
all going to plan I take it.?
Dont stress I've had two both painless IMO
Mum thinks otherwise, lol

lhurley
1st November 2014, 08:11 AM
Good luck bud

04OFF
1st November 2014, 08:12 AM
Only last week I was thinking the timer should have gone off by now !

How are you all (3) doing Mat ?, you need anything you got my number bud.

2TROLLFAM
1st November 2014, 09:22 AM
Omg I came back just in time

good luck guys !!!!!!!

nissannewby
1st November 2014, 09:59 AM
all going to plan I take it.?
Dont stress I've had two both painless IMO
Mum thinks otherwise, lol

Everything going to plan. Waters broke at about 2 this morning now just chilling at home waiting

TPC
1st November 2014, 10:27 AM
Everything going to plan. Waters broke at about 2 this morning now just chilling at home waiting
Hope it all goes well.
Don't leave it too late to go to the hospital, my second was born in a little doctors room around the corner from my house as she didn't make it to the hospital.

Clunk
1st November 2014, 10:32 AM

plenty of exciting times ahead............ oh and sleepless nights, stinky nappies, runny bums and spewing :))

Stropp
1st November 2014, 10:46 AM
good to hear Matt, goodluck mate.

Avo
1st November 2014, 10:55 AM
yahoo...your life will never be the same...for all the good reasons..

04OFF
1st November 2014, 11:16 AM
plenty of exciting times ahead............ oh and sleepless nights, stinky nappies, runny bums and spewing :))

So what you are saying is, apart from the stinky nappies, nothing much will change !

(hahaha)

Clunk
1st November 2014, 11:18 AM
So what you are saying is, apart from the stinky nappies, nothing much will change !

(hahaha)

yep thats pretty much how it goes hahahahaha

Sir Roofy
1st November 2014, 04:45 PM
All the best mate as said your life is about to change

growler2058
1st November 2014, 05:04 PM
Cmon cmon cmon where is the new one

NissanGQ4.2
1st November 2014, 06:44 PM
Is it out yet Matt????????

Ben-e-boy
1st November 2014, 06:50 PM
Congratulations on becoming a mother Matt

AB
1st November 2014, 06:51 PM
Matty is currently on cloud 9...

Lap it up mate!

Woof
1st November 2014, 08:11 PM
BIG CONGRATULATIONS to both of you, enjoy

2TROLLFAM
1st November 2014, 09:01 PM
Commmm on dude .... do we have a safe arrival yet???

nissannewby
1st November 2014, 09:45 PM
Still waiting.... Have been back at the hospital since about 3pm. All is going well just playing the waiting game.

threedogs
2nd November 2014, 06:19 AM
Whats the latest Matt??

nissannewby
2nd November 2014, 08:26 AM
Well all done and dusted after 26hrs we have little Caleb Oliver. Born at 0442 this morning weighing in at 3.860kg (8lb 5oz) and 56cm. Mum and bub are doing beautifully.

AB
2nd November 2014, 08:28 AM
Well all done and dusted after 26hrs we have little Caleb Oliver. Born at 0442 this morning weighing in at 3.860kg (8lb 5oz) and 56cm. Mum and bub are doing beautifully.

Congratulations guys, well done!!!!!!

growler2058
2nd November 2014, 08:30 AM
Congratulations Matt well done mate

TPC
2nd November 2014, 08:34 AM
Congrats Matt, 26 hrs is a marathon, you both must be exhausted.

Maxhead
2nd November 2014, 08:35 AM
Congratulations to you guys, Enjoy the little treasure mate!

Bloodyaussie
2nd November 2014, 08:36 AM
Mate I am so very happy for you both...

This is one of the happiest times of both your lives and changes everything from here on in.

Bubs is beautiful !!!!

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!

Hodge
2nd November 2014, 08:37 AM
Congratulations to you! Enjoy the fatherhood ride mate...

MudRunnerTD
2nd November 2014, 08:40 AM
Congratulations Matt and Sheree. Welcome to the World little Caleb.

Bob
2nd November 2014, 08:45 AM
Congratulations Matt & Sheree on the birth of little Caleb.
The start of another wonderful phase of your lives

Winnie
2nd November 2014, 09:17 AM
Congrats guys!
Caleb probably knows more about patrols than all of us here already =)

threedogs
2nd November 2014, 09:23 AM
Congrats to you both on the birth of Caleb.
Trust all went well

2TROLLFAM
2nd November 2014, 09:43 AM
"Caleb" I love that name !!! And what a gorgeous boy too. CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!!!!

You world will never be the same now - so happy for you both. XXx
????????????????

BigRAWesty
2nd November 2014, 09:49 AM
Congratulations guys.
Great to hear all went well.
Enjoy it bud. We had our young ones 2nd birthday yesterday. Fark knows were the time goes..

Paule
2nd November 2014, 09:52 AM
Congratulation on the arrival of Caleb, he is a very healthy looking little man well done

@GUte
2nd November 2014, 10:24 AM
Well done Mat, congrats to all 3 of you. :first:

jack
2nd November 2014, 11:02 AM
Great news Mat and Sheree, congratulations to you both. Enjoy all Caleb brings to your lives.

Clunk
2nd November 2014, 11:19 AM
wow 26 hours, that must have been exhausting for you you Matty hahahahahaha.........Congrats to you and Sharee

megatexture
2nd November 2014, 11:24 AM
Umm it looks nothing like you mate ! Lmao

Well yours or not I think you will make a good father.
Congrats to the both of you

Ps. Get this done asap you wont regret it! We did both of ours at 11 days old and its a great reminder and something you can give them in the future http://www.twinkletoes.com.au/

mudnut
2nd November 2014, 11:36 AM
Congratulations, to you both. Glad to hear mum and bub both doing well.

Alitis007
2nd November 2014, 11:57 AM
Congratulations to you both on the arrival of your beautiful baby boy!!!!

P.s. it looks just like me ;)

Drewboyaus
2nd November 2014, 12:06 PM
Congratulations to you and your family. Certainly, a wonderful new life chapter begins.

Stropp
2nd November 2014, 12:46 PM
Congratats to you Matt and Sheree on the safe arrival of Caleb, fantastic news and another member of the nissanpatrol.com.au family :clapping:

Sir Roofy
2nd November 2014, 02:01 PM
congrats to you both well done

PMC
2nd November 2014, 03:43 PM
G'day Killer-Wasp!

Fantastic news Mat, a belated congratulations to Sheree who had to do all the farken hard work. lol, from Ally, Emma and Maddie congratulations to you both.

PS, Enjoy all the love that your little man (Caleb) brings into to your lives.

Kind regards,

Paul

GUtsy ute
2nd November 2014, 06:15 PM
Congrats to you both, what a great moment in your lives.

Regards, Gavin and Michelle.

DX grunt
2nd November 2014, 07:18 PM
Congrats, Matt.

All the best to you and your partner.

Take care and enjoy the sleep, while you can. lol.

Rossco

macca
2nd November 2014, 07:24 PM
Congratulations on your new arrival. Very happy for you.

Yendor
3rd November 2014, 03:34 PM
Congratulations guys, great to hear it all went well.

Cheers Rodney

gaddy
3rd November 2014, 04:01 PM
Congrats to you both

cgm
4th November 2014, 12:43 AM
Congrats. Great to hear it all went well. I really like the name Caleb. Good times mate, enjoy them! :)

MEGOMONSTER
4th November 2014, 10:29 AM
Congrats to you all.

rusty_nail
4th November 2014, 10:37 AM
congrats matt, completely missed this one, im very happy for you and the missus. welcome to the world Caleb Oliver!

NissanGQ4.2
4th November 2014, 05:17 PM
Congratulations Matt & Sheree,

And welcome Caleb 2 the world of the nissanpatrol.com.au nut house

nissannewby
4th November 2014, 05:49 PM
Small update. We had some photos done by the lady at the hospital who just wanders around and takes pics of all the new borns.

I also forgot to mention that after Sharee's 26hr marathon effort it ended with an emergency c section. This resulted in Sharee losing quite a bit of blood however not enough that she required a transfusion. She is going well considering she doesn't like needles.

We are still at the hospital for now and will hopefully have the family at home tomorrow and Sharee can finally get some much need rest and comfort.

Thank you to everyone for their kind words and wishes.

Stropp
4th November 2014, 06:52 PM
well done again Matt, great looking kid mate goodluck and heres hoping to a happy healthy baby and mother when they get home.

mudnut
4th November 2014, 07:23 PM
Great to hear all is well. Go and get a hot cuppa and relax while you drink it, cause getting to have one while it's hot is gunna be a luxury. :)

Clunk
4th November 2014, 07:56 PM
Great to hear all is well. Go and get a hot cuppa and relax while you drink it, cause getting to have one while it's hot is gunna be a luxury. :)

or a warm dinner for that matter!!!!!

nissannewby
4th November 2014, 08:50 PM

That's a bonus then as I don't drink hot drinks.

nissannewby
4th November 2014, 08:53 PM
or a warm dinner for that matter!!!!!

But that could be an issue lol

Stropp
19th November 2014, 10:53 PM
Hey Matt how is your youngun and the missus?

nissannewby
20th November 2014, 02:30 AM
Hey Matt how is your youngun and the missus?

Going well mate. He is nearly 3 weeks old now and god he has grown and feeds like crazy lol. Apparently feeds like I did when I was his age :). We have settled into a nice routine which sees me doing the late shift and mum gets the early shift from about 5 am. Which means we have been averaging 6-7 hours sleep which is quite good. It's mums birthday on Sunday and obviously will be her first celebrating with our own little family.

I haven't heard from macca86 as he is due around this time as well.

Cuppa
20th November 2014, 07:26 AM
Just caught up with this thread. Congratulations & best wishes to Mr, Mrs & Young Master Newby.

Stropp
20th November 2014, 11:42 AM
Going well mate. He is nearly 3 weeks old now and god he has grown and feeds like crazy lol. Apparently feeds like I did when I was his age :). We have settled into a nice routine which sees me doing the late shift and mum gets the early shift from about 5 am. Which means we have been averaging 6-7 hours sleep which is quite good. It's mums birthday on Sunday and obviously will be her first celebrating with our own little family.

I haven't heard from macca86 as he is due around this time as well.

good to hear mate :)