PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

K1W1
1st May 2014, 04:28 PM
Hi,

From my screen name you can no doubt tell where I am from originally :-)

I have a 92 Patrol LWB Wagon with an aftermarket DTS Turbo kit added by a previous Owner.

I have owned it since 2008 but do not get a chance to use it much as I work all over the planet and don't get home much.

I just had 5 weeks at home and probably did 4 k km's as I was moving houses and it is a good towing vehicle.

It has beefed up suspension, a lift kit and is currently on Kuhmo 35 x 12.5 x 15" rubber.

It runs very well and always starts like it was only just stopped even after sitting in my garage for 3 yrs it flashed up immediately it blows no smoke and burns no oil.

I have no idea as to the service history but someone has had the sump off ( and put it back on) as the gasket is showing and there is non Nissan goo visible in a few spots.

I got it with some Maxi Crawlers on it which proved to be a handful when driving on the road which until recently was always a big part of its function when I was home and changed the wheels complete.

I drive mostly on the road and beach as I am a keen fisherman and use both a surf caster and torpedo so I it great to hum all the gear associated with the Torpedo.

It is the second one I have had, the first was an '86 Trayback model with an SD33 Engine purchased from the Dalrymple Shire Council west of TSV and used extensively for a top end tour in 91/92.

MEGOMONSTER
1st May 2014, 04:37 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth

Hardyards
1st May 2014, 04:43 PM
Hey k1w1,

For an older model patrol, it sure sounds like it is good nik! Welcome to the forum, Bro:smiley_thumbs_up:

K1W1
1st May 2014, 05:04 PM
Hey k1w1,

For an older model patrol, it sure sounds like it is good nik! Welcome to the forum, Bro:smiley_thumbs_up:

Thanks for the welcome folks.

I have asked my question that made me come here in the first place so hope I get the info I need.

It is in great shape, Going by the stack of receipts I got It had a shed load spent on it by the guy who had all the work done, I think I am the first one to use it on the beach and am careful to wash it fully after every outing.

I have just had a bore drilled at my new house where the water normally comes from the roof when it rains so I don't have any water issues with washing it or anything else.

threedogs
1st May 2014, 05:49 PM
sounds good.
welcome to the Forum, jump in anytime and enjoy

AB
1st May 2014, 06:09 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Dhuck
1st May 2014, 06:52 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
1st May 2014, 07:44 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard

Nissan_Jarod
1st May 2014, 11:51 PM
Hi ive recently brought a patrol and so keen to get into some forums and read up about stuff. I hope you find what you are looking for and have a good chat with a bunch of good people...

WELCOME

my third 256
2nd May 2014, 10:02 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Stropp
2nd May 2014, 11:18 PM
Welcome to the forum kiwi.

Sherro
3rd May 2014, 07:05 PM
G'day K1W1 welcome to the forum mate.