PDA

View Full Version : First patrol!

grahamap
30th April 2014, 07:15 AM
Hey names graham just picked up a 1982 mq lwb 355k. Its my first 4wd and I thought id use it for fanging (l28 4spd hahah) around wa/gero/denham/narvon area.. needs a lot of tlc but its my first project and im having fun learning the ins and outs.. currently been re upholstering the interior, new vinyl and freshly painted dash and other bits and pieces. Tore out all the rotten carpets cause the previous owner seemed to be carting around vats of goat piss. Rewired most of the electrics and installed keenwood b/t head unit/6x9s in the front (cause I can)/sony 4chnl amp and 6" in the cargo area. Had to fix what the last owner messed up, didnt have the memory connected and power was on a constant (didnt work with the key)..
Removed the strip decals, painted the trim over the wheelwells, painted the grill and bumper (tried to form the bumper back into place but its still far from perfect.. basically lots of painting and cleaning

Recently ive noticed shes pumping smoke during long decents on hills so ill be tearing into the engine in the next couple days.. lets pray its not the head or rings and I can fix with vrs kit! Not fussed if it needs new parts, got a donar datsun in the backyard..
To do list:
Get engine running 100%
Replace shockies 2" lift, dampener
Level out cargo area and build draws
Dual batts

The more I read these progress blog threads the more stuff I find to buy/install
. I can see this project being endless but I love it.. im fairly new to stuff like this so excuse my ignorance regarding patrols but im learning and I will definitely have lots of questions!!

(When I got her, currently @ my dads in nsw)

Dhuck
30th April 2014, 07:16 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

grahamap
30th April 2014, 07:19 AM
More pics of blue steel

SundownerCamper
30th April 2014, 07:21 AM
Love the name. Welcome aboard

grahamap
30th April 2014, 07:23 AM
Cheers lad.. should I use this post for progress updates or move it to members rides

threedogs
30th April 2014, 09:13 AM
Hello and welcome really "Blue steel" love it mate called his Milton.
Anyway jump in anytime and enjoy

Avo
30th April 2014, 09:44 AM
welcome mate,glad you could join us.

Woof
30th April 2014, 08:45 PM
Cheers lad.. should I use this post for progress updates or move it to members rides

Welcome mate, start a new thread in the Members Rides section as not everyone reads the introduction section

gunzmcghie
30th April 2014, 09:48 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. Looks like you have a pretty decent fixer upper

MEGOMONSTER
1st May 2014, 09:38 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it. If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth

Kast
1st May 2014, 11:22 AM
Welcome Graham. You've certainly got it all in front of you but a worthy endeavour and heaps of fun! Enjoy the project and the ride!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

rkinsey
1st May 2014, 12:49 PM
The front end is looking very tidy.

What paint did you use on the Grill?

Cheers,

Rob

AB
1st May 2014, 06:16 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

grahamap
1st May 2014, 09:26 PM
Wax and grease remover, Plastic adheision promoter, Duplicolor bumper coating from supercheap with 3 layers of clear coat.. which wasnt the best option because it left a salty peppered look to the finish.. ah well! As long as it lasts a while im happy. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone ive already started asking questions about my engine which I posted in another thread xD

Nissan_Jarod
1st May 2014, 11:49 PM
Hi ive recently brought a patrol and so keen to get into some forums and read up about stuff. I hope you find what you are looking for and have a good chat with a bunch of good people...

WELCOME

my third 256
2nd May 2014, 10:05 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Stropp
2nd May 2014, 11:20 PM
Welcome along to the forum.

Sherro
3rd May 2014, 07:02 PM
Nice job there Graham welcome to the forum mate.

taz.jez
3rd May 2014, 10:08 PM
welcome to the forum,

sounds like a project to keep you busy for a while,

enjoy

Headhoncho67
5th May 2014, 05:02 PM
I look forward to seeing how it progresses!!

alijamal83
8th May 2014, 09:31 AM
hello and welcome glad to see new ones here