PDA

View Full Version : Navara Power Loss & Patrol Shaking? Never thought i would question buying a Nissan

Reidy
30th April 2014, 12:42 AM
My 07 Navara looses power when accelerating sometimes and my 07 Patrol Shakes and it is doing my head in. I have done & spent so much trying to fix it. To make it worse the wife is telling me to sell both and buy something other then Nissan any help boys will be greatly appreciated.
The shaking, money, power loss, fuel & ear bashing is getting to much....

BigRAWesty
30th April 2014, 07:37 AM
Navara..
Have you had a mechanic stick a computer on it to see for codes?
Does sound like limp mode. But could be a few different issues

Now the patrol. Need mire info. Is it shaking while driving?
Like wobbles threw the steering wheel?
Any lift? How old? How many k's

BigRAWesty
30th April 2014, 07:42 AM
Sorry just read your intro

So the patrol has the death wobbles. All good. Can be fixed.

So you have done bearings. Next try the panhard rod bushes.

You say it feels like the rear so I'd also inspect the rear and depending on funds do the rear panhard rod to.

Reidy
2nd May 2014, 10:23 AM
Thanks mate im pulling out and checking rear bearings this morning so I will let you know how I go

mudski
2nd May 2014, 10:46 AM
For the Nav. Go gets some MAF sensor spray and give it a good clean. My neighbor has an 07' and there seems to be a common issue with this era of NAV's where the pressure relief valve on the fuel rail dies. He plugged a diagnostic thingo' into the ECU and it came up with a fuel issue. Can't remember exactly the code or what the exact error was. I think he got quoted somewhere around $800 from Nissan, and I think it was the whole rail as you can't just buy the valve. So he pulled it out and looked at it. Couldn't see anything wrong with it as its like a spring on a plate. He put it back in and he said the issue almost disappeared but now he has no low down power. As this is the only thing he has touched I'm guessing this is his problem. So he going to order one.
Supercheap can now plug into the ECU's I see. I think I saw the ad and it was from $15 to do it.

Reidy
5th May 2014, 12:35 PM
Cheers for the help mate. Pulled out and cleaned the navars MAF sensor and now its running alot better.

kevin07
5th May 2014, 06:21 PM
now block the egr on it they are notorius for the egr to be stuffed

BigRAWesty
5th May 2014, 08:40 PM
While your pulling apart maf sensors and blocking egr's you might as well do both engines

Reidy
5th May 2014, 09:19 PM
With the amount of soot around the turbo and on the engine block should I clean anything else? I'm going to install a catch can aswell

BigRAWesty
5th May 2014, 09:51 PM
Clean the lot. Take the intercooler off and give it a good was out with alcohol..