PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed sending me grey??

Reidy
30th April 2014, 12:16 AM
G'day All,
My name is Reidy and I own 2 Nissans. 07STX Navara bought new & a 07 Patrol Ute Coil/Leaf. I have spent hours going through threads hoping someone has the answer I need.. Ok firstly the Navara, This car has been the toughest and best 4wd I have owned. Recently it looses power when accelerating and she is chewing juice any idea's what it could be? And my Patrol has the shakes at around 85km up to 110 sometimes. Like so many others I have done wheel bearings, Front shocks/springs, king pin load, new rims & Tyres, multiple balances and Alignments and to many mechanics looked at it to count? Sorry for the long Thread..
The shake feel like it starts in the rear and moves forward to cab?

growler2058
30th April 2014, 06:28 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard

SundownerCamper
30th April 2014, 07:13 AM
Have you done the front and rear pan bars when you gave the lift?

Dhuck
30th April 2014, 07:15 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

BigRAWesty
30th April 2014, 07:39 AM
Welcome mate

pearcey
30th April 2014, 08:28 AM
Welcome mate
With the vibration check the tailshaft U joints, in the early days of the GQ`s the joints were too tight and did not move freely enough.
Also check the tailshaft balance. The UJ`s should be replaced before balancing.

threedogs
30th April 2014, 09:07 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum,
jump in anytime and enjoy.

If the Navara is similar to a GU I'd be spraying/cleaning the MAF sensor
What tyres are you running on the ute

Nissan_Jarod
1st May 2014, 11:52 PM
Hi ive recently brought a patrol and so keen to get into some forums and read up about stuff. I hope you find what you are looking for and have a good chat with a bunch of good people...

WELCOME

Reidy
2nd May 2014, 12:29 AM
thanks for all the help guys I have been working on and checking my patrol for 2 days now. everything looks good under it. I had it on stands to check if wheels were bubbled or something and when spinning the rear left wheel at about every 3rd or 4th revolution it gets really stiff and hard to turn then goes again any ideas??? . I have spent hours trying to find the manual for it to download and just keep getting bad links??? any help there would be great..
I just finished installing all new suspension front & back but the shake is still there... I really want the shake gone but I am spending way too much trying to fix it and not..

Reidy
2nd May 2014, 12:33 AM
im running general grabbers on both of my rigs. I have swapped all my tyres and rims with a mate but it still shook. I got rid of my sunrasiers and bought dear mags but that didn't work. I reckon its something in the rear LH diff but I don't know how to check the bearings or anything that's why im chasing the manual. I changed diff oil today and the old oil was very dark and runny but no metal chunks

Reidy
2nd May 2014, 12:35 AM
I have checked them all they look good but 1 maybe 2 are really tight. How do I check the uni's better?

Reidy
2nd May 2014, 12:36 AM
No mate I havnt I checked them and they look alright do you think I should change them?

Nissan_Jarod
2nd May 2014, 08:43 AM
Hi ive recently brought a patrol and so keen to get into some forums and read up about stuff. I hope you find what you are looking for and have a good chat with a bunch of good people...

WELCOME

liftlid
2nd May 2014, 08:44 AM
If you have a shake at a specific speed range eg starts at 70 km stops at 70km it will usually be a slight movement in a tie rod end jack up one ft wheel and get somebody to turn steering wheel back and forth, whilst you put your hand over the tie rod end if the ball and rod don't move together that will be the worn one.
Then check the other side and behind the axel Even the slightest movement in the joints will start death wobble around the speed you mentioned

liftlid
2nd May 2014, 08:46 AM
I have checked them all they look good but 1 maybe 2 are really tight. How do I check the uni's better?

Pull out shaft give tap with hammer to centre them in the yoke, grease em up , if rough to turn replace

Reidy
2nd May 2014, 09:18 AM
Thanks mate I will check it directly. What could make the rear end shake I think thats where the shake originates

Reidy
2nd May 2014, 08:06 PM
So I have finished installing the new suspension and while doing the front It looks like my front LH tyre is leaning out a bit at the top any ideas how to check it properly? ?

And while spinning that wheel I can hear a sort of grinding sound.

Sherro
3rd May 2014, 07:15 PM
G'day Reidy welcome to the forum mate.

my third 256
7th May 2014, 02:24 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

alijamal83
8th May 2014, 09:36 AM
hello and welcome glad to see new ones here