PDA

View Full Version : Oh my God the intercooler

Gary Vansleve
29th April 2014, 05:04 PM
As some of you may know I have been layed up due a hernia op. So have been takin the opportunity to research increasing the efficiency of the intercooler in the TD42TI in my ute. Holy white man I have just about done my head in looking at hundreds of threads on the matter. My bookmarks on the computor has increased tenfold on the various articles that I deem worthy including the different suppliers of aftermarket intercoolers. Not to mention my favourites list on evilbay.

I have looked at air to air topmount, water to air and laminover to see what's best for my application. Have also researched ways of improving air flow into the motor in the package as well, namely airbox and inlet manifold.

Have even looked at installing this particular intercooler as well. (I currently own this this motor an the 40 that came with it)43918

The trouble I found was I couldn't get much real time info on how efficient (facts an figures) much of the stuff I came across was apart from ARE, laminover an a few of members of various forums I have been stalking. But boy I sure got a lot of opinion an I suppose that's were the rub lies you gotta sort the shit from the good so to speak which is fair enough as everbody is entitled to their opinions includin yours truely.

Well anyway I had a mosey over to ARE at Brendale to have a look at what they got an to talk the talk mainly because they have thrown up a few facts an figures on what their stuff is all about an some general banter on intercooling itself. Came away with what I thought was some good info which seemed to match what I have been researching. Told them what I wanted out of the motor namely to tow 2 tons in an orderly an efficient manner up an down hill an dale arround this country of ours.

So far as what they supply I am looking at their scoop, intercooler and inlet manifold which are the items I feel need improving on the motor I have.

This thread is about letting you know what I am up an not really about opinions but I welcome any constructive advice on whether I am heading in the right direction. I am heading off to Northside4x4 to look at their water to air set up an their inlet manifold but I have an idea this may be more suitable for big boost situations that opens up a miriad of mods that include better turbo an major mods to fuel pump.

Regards
Gary

threedogs
29th April 2014, 06:33 PM
nissannewby would be the guy you seek for anything 4.2 related.
He has done or seen most mod combinations

2TROLLFAM
29th April 2014, 07:13 PM
nissannewby would be the guy you seek for anything 4.2 related.
He has done or seen most mod combinations

Ditto to that - he's pretty clued on